Chapter 4

I stared at Levanfell with wide, astonished eyes.

'What is happening right now?'

Could the divine power I possessed have healed Levanfell?

I knew I could heal physical wounds, but I had never known I could cure the side effects of a Ferdak experiment.

Though all the symptoms were gone, I still couldn't take my hand off Levanfell's chest. We continued to lock eyes, and Levanfell reached out. His rough palm brushed my cheek.

"I'm fine if you keep doing this."

I snapped out of my trance, attracted by the scent of a stranger, and quickly removed my hand, startled.

Levanfell licked his lips as if disappointed.

"Uh, if you're done, get dressed. You can't talk like this, all undressed."

"I'm fine with it."

"I'm not."

"The princess seems fine with it, too. She keeps smiling."

"That's...!"

That's instinct! ...but I couldn't cry out. Instead, I turned my head sharply.

Levanfell smiled, picked up his fallen shirt, and carefully buttoned it.

'There's no need to button it so meticulously.'

The situation had calmed down for now.

I couldn't see his chest, but his hair had changed so dark that I couldn't find a single white strand. The sealing spell must have disappeared entirely.

"...I heard that no one survived the experiment."

"They didn't know about my existence. It's an old story now."

An old story, before he became emperor? Then it must have happened during his time as a prince.

'Why was the prince subjected to such a brutal experiment...?'

I was curious, but it wasn't a situation where he would answer if I asked. I buried my questions and looked at Levanfell's body.

"As you can see, I'm fine. You don't need to look so worried."

Levanfell turned his body after buttoning his shirt. I had never used my divine power on others before, so I was worried that something might go wrong, but fortunately, he looked fine.

"It's fine now thanks to you, Princess, but it will return at night. The sealing spell will reappear, and my hair will change color."

"Again? You mean this happens every night...?"

"Yes. Haven't you heard the rumors that I lock my bedroom door and drink heavily every night?"

I widened my eyes in surprise at the sudden memory of Levanfell's rumors and nodded vigorously.

"I can't meet others in this form."

"So, you spread the false rumors yourself?"

"When I was a prince, no one cared about me, so it was fine. But being emperor is different. So I used that trick, but it doesn't work anymore."

Levanfell perched on the windowsill. Despite his disheveled appearance, his expression remained unflustered.

"That's why I need you, Princess."

If Levanfell's secret were revealed, it would undoubtedly turn the entire continent against him, breaking the peace treaty.

So far, anyone involved in the Ferdak experiment had been brutally executed, regardless of gender, age, or status.