Chapter 5

"His Majesty is getting married!"

"What? No, no way! Our Emperor, His Majesty? With, with whom?!"

"With the princess of the Lupion Kingdom who arrived not long ago!"

"Wait a moment! Was that rumor actually true?!"

"Yes! I heard Assistant Jerim talking about the meal for the guests invited to His Majesty's wedding!"

The rumor that the Emperor of the Leonharta Empire was getting married spread quickly across the continent like the wind.

The sudden wedding announcement stirred the Empire.

"Has anyone here seen the princess?"

"It's said that His Majesty is so fond of her that no one but her personal maids are allowed in!"

"Our, our His Majesty has such a side?"

A maid who was carrying laundry reacted to the word 'princess' and naturally joined the conversation.

"I've seen her from afar just for a moment."

"What?! Really?"

"What's she like?! I'm curious! Tell us too!"

"First of all, she had light pink hair like cherry blossoms and bright green eyes full of vitality, like a forest. She was so beautiful that I thought if the god Semula were to be born as a human, she would look like that."

"Wowwwwww!"

"But she was so thin that I worried she might be blown away by a strong wind. Even from afar and only seeing her for a few seconds, I wanted to serve her."

The maid blushed with an excited expression on her face.

"Come to think of it, I have seen the maids assigned to the princess's bedroom recently begging the chef for high- calorie and delicious food."

"I understand how they feel. If they see the princess, everyone will understand."

The maid left those words and disappeared leisurely with the laundry in hand.

"But the one who just praised the princess is Maril, right? If she were a noble, she would have been trembling. She's famous for being cold to her serving master."

"That's true. After my younger sibling suffered a cruel act from the noble they were serving..."

"Wait a minute. Aren't all the people assigned to the princess's bedroom those who have a lot of experience but always seek easy jobs?"

"...That's right! They have suffered a lot from cruel acts here and there..."

A question that they couldn't bear rose simultaneously on the maids' faces.

"What kind of person is the princess to be treated like that?"

"Does the princess have something? A power to attract people, perhaps?"

Everyone was happy about the news that someone had appeared to fill the long- vacant position of the Empress.

The nobles were happy that the Empire was finding stability, and the citizens were happy, looking forward to the free bread and soup to be distributed at the upcoming big celebration.

Our wedding preparations were incredibly fast. Jerim, the chief assistant, handled the work swiftly, as if he had been waiting for this day.

'He's not hurrying it up because he thinks I might run away, is he?'

I received a dress, the Empress's palace, and the Damascus Palace in the south that was once adjacent to the Living World Tree as gifts.

The place where the Life Flame of the World Tree went out last still had many blooming flowers and living plants, making it gorgeous and beautiful.