Chapter 6

The king looked quite perplexed, unsure of the atmosphere to match.

Everyone was glancing around due to the frozen tension.

"Actually, a few weeks is not such a long journey. The princess took three months to get here," Levanfell said.

Upon my mention, the family stiffened all at once, looking startled.

"But the Kingdom of Lupeone seems to have many engineers. Making a wheel run for three months with rotten wood."

"Y- Your Majesty."

"You may take it as a compliment."

"Yes, yes. Th- Thank you..."

"If I have the chance, I would like them to teach their technology to the empire. It would not be strange if it fell off a cliff with a loose wheel. To make such a carriage run."

"Th- That, that is..."

"Did the kingdom want to show off its technology? It seems so since they sent the princess to the empire in such a carriage."

As Levanfell's words lengthened, the king's face turned pale.

"I'm just asking in case."

"Y- Your, your Majesty."

"With a wheel about to fall off and a carriage rotting away!"

"Gulp"

"...You didn't send the princess in that, did you?"

The king finally closed his eyes, understanding why Levanfell was furiously making these illogical arguments.

"Oh. My prank went too far again. Surely the kingdom wouldn't have sent the princess without checking."

"M- My negligence..."

"If that happened, it would be ignoring the princess, who will be received as empress, and ignoring the grand empire."

Levanfell rebuked with sarcasm. The atmosphere was freezing, and no one dared to step forward.

"The hospitality is enough."

Levanfell looked around as if warning the stiff family members. His eyes finally turned to me.

"I'll give you space since you probably want to spend time with the family you haven't seen in a while."

The faces of the king and my siblings finally bloomed with relief. Levanfell frowned when he saw their more comfortable expressions.

"However."

Levanfell deliberately wrapped his arm around my waist. My body tensed up at the unfamiliar touch.

"The princess will soon become the empress."

Levanfell seemed to notice my tension and only laid the tips of his fingers on my waist.

"Whether it's a few days before the wedding or after, no one will dare to look at the empress. So."

"......"

"You should think of the princess as the empress of the grand empire and treat her accordingly. Very carefully."

After Levanfell finished, our eyes met. He seemed to have more to say, but he swallowed it, and I smiled reassuringly.

"It's okay. Leave the rest to me."

"Father. And my sisters, brothers!"

My family was wrapped in a terrifying fear.

They had always despised me as a princess and now, I was to become the empress, wielding power, so their reaction was natural.