EP 1

----The day I met him----

Not being able to eat a full meal for one day was a pain I could handle perfectly fine but another audition with false promises was the most frustrating thing ever. They make you think you got the role once you finish your audition telling you with sweet words how you did so well but in the end you end up with a phone call from them telling you, you failed to get the role and that all that excitement and hope you felt was just a waste of your time. It wasn't the first time it had happened, but it somehow still got to me when they told me they had a better actress for their role; they only got that role because they had a big company backing them up.

"Yeah, Chris, I didn't get the role, they told me Savannah or I don't know what her name was, got the fucking role."

I announced the news through the phone for my manager to know. A sigh could be heard from the other side of the line. We were both frustrated that I hadn't gotten a role for at least 5 months already. The only thing that we are doing to gain money is to do theatre shows, and I also sell some of my paintings on some Sunday markets. To pay the rent and bring some food to the table.

"Okay, don't worry Diana, I still have one role for you, it's for a horror movie directed by Tim Burton, the audition will be soon, I don't know the exact dates but tomorrow I'll tell you for sure. You just need to concentrate on that play you are doing right now, everything else let me handle it, alright?"

I just hummed in response. Wasn't in the mood to say anything else because pessimism invaded my whole mind. I wasn't looking forward to the audition because my past experiences have taught me that no matter how hard or how much effort I put into that. I will end up losing that role to another actress with a strong company backing them up.

When I ended the call with my manager the only thing that I wanted in that exact moment was to smoke away my frustration, and that's what I did. I grabbed my cigarette packet and  lighter and sat beside my open window while lighting up the cancer stick.

The first puffs were the best ones in my opinion, they made my whole body go into a placebo. The frustration was gone and the waves I felt all calmed down. The sunset strip looked particularly busier tonight, being just a Wednesday it was surprising to see how many people walked down the strip all dressed up looking like they just came out of a Rolling Stones magazine.

It looked fun.

Weirdly enough the idea of joining them has popped into my head, I never used to enjoy big crowds but somehow today I craved some human interaction and dress up to go out.

After going through my closet full of second-hand clothing items I set my eyes on my jean shorts with my silver buckle belt, my spaghetti-strapped black top and something that I have been loving to wear, my kitten heels. To add some spice to the outfit I decided to wear some of my silver jewellery and stacked them all together.

Grabbing my bag and giving myself one last look at myself in the mirror I decided to finally head out into the night, at the same time as I applied some lipstick on, to give myself some colour, compensating the fact that I didn't wear that much makeup. I only wore mascara and lipstick, that's it.

Walking down the strip at night wasn't the most comfortable thing at all, especially being a girl and alone. Creepy dudes would approach you and even catcall you like you were some kind of price or an object for their animality.