EP 3

————Little friction————

A couple of weeks had gone since Slash and I stayed in that parking lot till midnight, and now we were inseparable he brought out the talkative side of me and the best of me. They were the happiest days of my life, I had no filters and no shame and every time I was with him it felt like we were the only humans in the world.

After that day we went on multiple other dates, we went to the same dinner a couple of times and he told me it was his long-time best friend's family restaurant, called Canter's Deli. We also walked around the streets of LA, he was a local here so he naturally took me to his favourite spots to hang out, but my favourite thing to do was go into art museums with our sketchbooks and start drawing our afternoons away, we agreed on drawing some of the artworks and whatever came into our mind but we always end up drawing each other no matter how many times we promised, we would always end up with each other in our sketchbook.

Saul also took me to exotic pet shops around LA to see all the snakes and other reptiles such as geckos and lizards, I wasn't a big fan of reptiles but I built my tolerance with them because my grandma owns some of the weirdest-looking reptiles out there. I called one of her chameleons old man because of how crooked he was, I told Saul about that fact and he immediately wanted to meet my grandma and joked that he should marry her one day, making me roll my eyes playfully at him. He also eventually took me to one of his rehearsals where he introduced me to everyone from his band, I did recognise some of them but still, I needed to be shown who was who, and what their names were. They were a funny group, that lived up to their nickname of underground dogs, and as expected they all smoked, drank and took drugs so all those things weren't a surprise for me. I would find it weird if they didn't have that around their place. Even Saul has some on him and every time he would come by he would have one or two joints already rolled up inside his pocket.

I was heading out of my rehearsals of the play I was doing, and when I was about to reach for my bag in my locker a voice called my name.

"Diana!"

I turned around to see Matthew, our play's male protagonist, jogging towards me.

"Hey, good job today, your acting was so good, nearly had me crying with your tears"

He tried to compliment me, I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Thanks, you weren't bad yourself"

My answer was dry, but it didn't come out as rude either. I may be antisocial and not wanting to engage in a conversation with him but I knew I should answer to compliments out of respect. I was an educated bitch.

"Emm, I was wondering if you would like to join us for dinner with the whole crew"

Matthew suggested making me scoff a little, he obviously just wanted me to go so we could hang out and bond. Everyone on the set knew he was interested in me, including myself.

I shook my head and grabbed my bags heading outside before answering him.

"Sorry, I will pass on that offer, but thanks for inviting me"

My legs started to guide me out of the building as soon as I said that.

When he saw that Matthew immediately followed behind me with his bag, eventually he caught up with my footsteps making me stop right in front of the building because he put himself in front of me.

"Come on, just once, you never come to the dinners and parties we make, you need to start bonding with us, with me. We got a lot of scenes together, we should hang out together to make the scenes even better"