-ˋˏ 11 • Abhira •ˎˊ-

End it now, declare our fate, 

In the flames of passion, let's sate. 

You've conquered me, body and mind, 

In your embrace, true ecstasy I find.

With your touch, 

I'm lost, undone, 

In your eyes, the battle's won. 

So take me now, make me yours, 

In this fire, love's allure endures.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I need a distraction, that's what I need," I speak the words on my mind without really thinking about it. We've been here in Jules' house helping her unpack for at least two hours now, and everyone's been kind enough to not only not ask about what's going on, but to not treat me like I'm some wounded animal either. I'm grateful, but I need to talk. 

I need to just let it all out and have someone sift through this mess and give me a straight answer as to what I should do.

I roll my eyes at the internal thought. I'm a grown woman. I should know what to do and make the decision with certainty. But I've never felt so uncertain in my life.

"That makes sense," Maddie says and nods her head as she takes out a picture frame, wrapped in thick brown packing paper. She's careful with it as she removes the paper and exposes the silver frame. 

"Distractions are a good thing," she says with a small nod. "Sometimes," she adds.

I don't know what's in it, but whatever it is, it makes her smile.

"I can't go home to the townhouse with all his shit there and lie in the bed that we've had together for forever." I purge the thought from me, feeling lighter and lighter with each word. "I can't hide in my office and do the same shit over and over again."

I stare at the artwork centered over Julia's fireplace as I talk. I don't really care what anyone else thinks; I need a break from this, some kind of getaway.

The crinkling of the packaging paper is all I can hear from the other side of the expansive room. It's so loud that I'm not sure anyone but Maddie even heard me. We've been working in relative silence save for the soft sound of music flowing from the kitchen behind us.

"We should go on a girls' trip," I offer up and look over my shoulder at Maddie. I shift in my seat and wait for her to look back at me.

"Hell yeah," she answers without hesitation.

"What does the newlywed think?" Maddie asks Jules and instantly Jules brightens.

She shrugs, as if the word newlywed didn't make her day and puts the attention back on me as she says, "I'm happy to do whatever you want, Abhira." Jules is holding back, and I can tell. I think it's because she's happy. Her life is renewed and she's filled with nothing but happiness.