-ˋˏ 12 • Armaan •ˎˊ-

I won't walk away, 

Can't bring myself to say farewell. 

Bound to her eternally, 

In her allure, I dwell. 

Selfish desires consume, 

Yet she's my sole delight. 

In her arms, I find solace, 

Where passion ignites each night.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I tried it. I swear I tried to give her space.

She says that's what she needs, but I know it's not. 

She needs me. Period. 

She needs me to be there and that's where I've failed. Not just in the last few weeks. I chose a lifestyle that forced us apart.

I can fix this, but not by running to Pops and leaving her all alone with nothing but this city whispering in her ear.

My arm stiffens as I slide the key into the lock. My heart doesn't beat until it turns, proving she didn't change the locks. I let out a breath I didn't know I was still holding and push it open. I'm prepared with what I need to say. Prepared to hold my ground and not take no for an answer.

But it only takes one step inside of our living room for all of it to slip away from me.

Abhira looks so tired, so worn out propped up in the corner of the sofa with her laptop sitting to the left of her, but the screen's black. She has a cup of coffee in her hands as well as bags under her eyes. She turns to me slowly, wiping the sleep from her eyes and adjusting herself slightly.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me, still seated with her legs tucked underneath her on the sofa. I'm stunned for a moment, because she's so fucking beautiful, even in this state. My body's drawn to her. 

And if it were another time, I'd go to the sofa, push the laptop off and lie down, taking her into my arms. 

And she'd let me.

"This is my house." I try not to say the words too firmly. "Our house," I correct myself and swallow before continuing and taking a single step closer to her. "I worked my ass off-"

"Then I'll move out," Abhira quickly states matter-of-factly, but the pain is barely disguised. She seems to snap out of whatever daze had her captive before I came in here.

"I don't want you to move out. We don't need this." I emphasize my words. "I asked for time and space because I don't know what to do, Armaan. You aren't giving me any options without telling me what happened."

"You want to know?" I look her in the eyes, feeling my blood pulse harder in my veins.

"Are you going to tell me the truth?" she asks me in a cracked whisper. "All of it?"