-ˋˏ 13 • Abhira •ˎˊ-

I feel your voice echoing in my mind, 

It lingers, haunting me through the night. 

It's rugged, low, dripping with allure, 

Leaving me restless, craving its bite. 

That voice, tinged with anguish, 

With hints of desire intertwined. 

Just let me surrender to its embrace, 

For there's ecstasy in the darkness we find.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Four manuscripts to go through this weekend. 

Four authors waiting to hear back from me. I doubt I'll be able to focus enough to comprehend a full page. I've been reading this paragraph over and over and not a damn sentence is staying with me.

It doesn't matter though. None of this really does. I'll stay in this room for as long as Armaan's here. He's like a ghost in this house.

 A ghost of his former self. 

So I'll do what I always do, I'll bury myself in work. 

That was the plan anyway, but I can't focus on anything but the sounds of him moving through the house.

He keeps walking by the door and I know he wants to open it, he wants me to talk to him, but all I can hear is him saying it'd be better if I didn't know. 

Fuck that and fuck him. 

I'm not going to give him all of me when he can't be bothered to do the same.

So we're at a standstill, him refusing to leave and me refusing to forgive. His voice plays in my head over and over again, telling me it's only ever been me. I want to believe it. 

It's everything I've been praying for him to say.

But then what is he hiding? 

My eyes flicker to the screen as my nails tap on the ceramic mug next to my laptop. Tick, tick, tick. I read the line over and over. 

Love is a stubborn heart. 

Magdalene, the editor, highlighted the line. She thinks it's beautiful and wants repetition of the analogy throughout the book.

Love is a stubborn heart. Is it though? 

My forehead scrunches as I think back to the story in the manuscript. The tale about a modern-day Romeo and Juliet. Two families who hated each other and their children who wanted nothing more than to run away together. 

It's not a tragedy though, and it doesn't have a happily ever after either. 

It's too realistic.