Chapter 7

Tim pov

"Tim!" Angela calls out to me, jogging to catch up. "I need to talk to you!"

She stopped next to me and we kept a steady pace down the hallway together.

"What's there to talk about?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"Timothy, are you dating Lucy?" Angela asked.

I nervously looked around before pulling her into his office. "Don't be so loud."

"So you are?" Angela was shocked, I nodded.

"You could get suspended, or even fired if anyone found out!" Angela said.

"I know, that's why I need you not to tell anyone." I told her seriously.

She shook her head. "You need to call it off. Do you have any idea how that could affect her career?"

"I can't!" I said emotion slipping into my voice. "You don't understand, she is the best thing that's happened to me. When I'm with her I feel like I can be myself, I feel happy."

Angela stepped back in surprise at the emotional display.

"Fine. I won't tell anyone."

...

Lucy pov

"You're making a mistake." Angela told me at lunch.

"Oh really?" I said sarcastically.

"I'm serious, do you have any idea what this could do to your reputation?" Angela was persistent.

"You don't think I know? I've spent the last week weighing my options. If I go do it then it could cost me my career, the one thing I've been certain of since... well since forever. But I can't not date him because- because I'll never feel whole. When I found him it was like finding a piece of myself I didn't know was missing. And I can't let that go. Not now." Only once I had stopped talking did I realise my eyes were watering. "I think I love him. I don't care that I've barely known him for long. That's why I have to ask for a new training officer." I revealed, I hadn't told Tim what I was planning to do, he would never let me. But I had to, it was the only way I could keep him.

I saw Angela slowly nod.

"I get it. I feel the same way about Wes. Just make sure you hide it well. Otherwise this will bite you in the ass."