one. welcome to auradon

The hype about the children of four of the most well-known villains arriving ranted through the school

The hype about the children of four of the most well-known villains arriving ranted through the school. Despite everyone seeming appreciative and happy about the arrival, Taylor was less than amused by the act. The young prince did not have anything against them, but he believed that it would most likely create more problems than it would remedy. Problems created distractions and distractions were unwanted by the royal Maldonia family. Especially Taylor.

And yet, despite his obvious dismay at the situation, there he was. Standing a few inches next to Prince Ben and his girlfriend, Audrey, and behind Fairy Godmother as they prepared to welcome the villain kids. People cheered as they saw the limo approaching the entrance to the school.

"Why did you volunteer us to greet the new kids when I could be doing something a lot more productive with my time?" Taylor asked his younger sister, Nia. She veered around to her brother with a slightly offended look on her face. "I mean, I don't even know these kids' names."

"Tay, what did mom say?" Nia reminded her brother. "You do not need to be working and stressing about everything all the time. Loosen up a little, bro."

"I am loosened up," Taylor stated.

"That's something that someone uptight would say and they would say the exact same way that you just did," Nia replied. She nudged his shoulder after noticing the way Taylor rolled his eyes out of annoyance. "Just think of it this way, the faster you introduce yourself to the newbies, the faster you can go about being the hard-working role model student. Deal?"

As the limousine approached closer and closer, the crowd got louder and louder. They cheered and showed their school spirit through the assorted royal blue and yellow colors they branded. The marching band played the school theme song with their drums and other instruments. The limo stopped in front of the entrance and the chauffeur walked toward the door to allow the students of Auradon to catch a peek at the new transfer students.

Instead of stepping out like normal people, there was a loud shout as someone in red, white, and black appareal fell to the ground. He and a muscular boy in burgundy, yellow, and blue clothes fought over a blue blanket. Taylor's eyes widened at the sight and his hand placed over his open mouth to repress the laughter that rose from his throat.

"You got everything else, why do you want whatever this is?" the boy on the ground asked, though the more muscular boy had his foot against his neck to get more power in the battle for the blanket.

"'Cause you want it!" the boy responded.

"No!" the paler boy yelled. The two continued to fight for the cloth before being stopped by a girl with purple hair when she noticed the large group of people standing in front of them. "Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience," she told the two boys.

"Just cleaning up," the boy lied before helping the boy off the ground. The smaller boy basically launched in the air as he landed on his feet, causing Taylor to stifle a chuckle. Nia hit him in the side when she heard his small chuckle.