six. good luck, carlos

The crowd cheered wildly as the two teams prepared to play tourney

The crowd cheered wildly as the two teams prepared to play tourney. Taylor was never big on having a lot of people watching him do something, so for there to be hundreds of students and families from both teams watching made him uneasy. His foot bounced as he nervously watched the others warm up.

"Hey, Tay," Carlos greeted as he took his seat in the empty space beside the prince. His voice had caused Taylor to flinch a bit before calming down when he realized it was only the white-haired boy. "Whoa... you okay?"

"Peachy," Taylor let out sarcastically. He laced his fingers and placed his chin on them, holding up his head as he watched the others on the team continue their warm-up.

"Wait, Taylor..." Carlos trailed off as he blinked his eyes many times. A smile came upon his lips as he turned his body to face the boy. "Are you nervous?"

"What? No, of course, I'm not," Taylor tried his best to deny the truthful words. Carlos had seen right through it, however. He gave the prince a knowing look and smirk, causing him to instantly tear down the facade. "Fine, I am. I don't like people watching me and it gets to me from time to time, okay?"

The De Vil boy hummed a tune of understanding from Taylor's words while nodding his head. The latter let his head fall back as he inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Well, think of it this way," Carlos spoke softly so that no one would hear. "If you go out there, I'll be your loudest cheerleader. I think I could make a good cheer impression. Check it..." he placed his items on the turf and stood up. "Gimme a T. Gimme an A. Gimme a Y. What's that spell? Tay! Go... Taylor! Whoo!"

"Oh my gosh, Carlos, sit down," Taylor implored the white-haired boy, having to hide his laughter after noticing how many eyes were on them. Carlos released a chuckle before taking his seat. The referee blew his whistle, alerting the players that the game was about to start. "Thanks, though, Carlos. I really appreciate it."

"Taylor, on the field!" Coach Jenkins yelled. Taylor nodded his head and placed his helmet on his head. But before he ran to join the others on the field, he turned to Carlos and said, "And, by the way, you do actually make a great cheerleader."

He had not given the De Vil boy a chance to respond, as he quickly ran to Jay and Ben on the field. Carlos smiled warmly to himself as he watched the others prepare to play. But his sight could only focus on the prince of Maldonia, following his every move with admiring eyes.

The game had its ups and downs throughout all four quarters. It came down to a tie between the Fighting Knights and the Sherwood Falcons. Taylor had not messed up as much and as many times as he feared and he was glad for it. But there was still been forty-seven seconds left in the game.

"Taylor!" called Coach Jenkins, flagging him over once he had gained the boy's attention. Taylor hurried to the bench to get subbed out, he had been extremely thankful. Chad had stood up from the bench and took a quick drink from a bottle before running onto the field, slapping Taylor's hand as he passed by him.