Careless Whisper - Aidlyn

I'M SO SORRY IF THERE'S ANY MISCHARACTERIZATION OR ANYTHING THAT SEEMS OOC.

March 27th 2024.

Ashlyn's POV:
I have not a single clue how I allowed myself to get dragged in on this. Taylor somehow managed to get me to agree to going to prom and now, I've found myself standing to the side of Aiden. He was wearing a typical fancy suit most dudes wear to prom or something formal like they need to attend. Taylor picked out a hunter green dress for me. The dress reached down to my knees and the sleeves fell slightly past my shoulders. For a 'fancier' look, Taylor helped me tie my hair up into a ponytail. So far, there was a bit of an awkward silence between me and Aiden. I occasionally felt someone watching me but every time I went to see if anyone was watching, I'd see everyone dancing with their partner.

Third person POV:

"Ash," Aiden's voice called out. The ginger(bread) turned to look at him. Aiden took a breath before speaking. "May I.." He started, extending out his hand.

"..share this dance with you?" The words rolled off his tongue. Before Ashlyn was given the chance to answer, a beat was heard. It was the beginning of the song Careless Whisper. Ashlyn chuckled at how perfectly timed that was but took Aiden's hand. "You may." She granted him permission.

Aiden's POV:
She said yes.. She said it! Omgogmgogng HOW DO YOU DANCE WITH SUCH A PRETTY GIRL WITHOUT TWEAKING OUT???

Ashlyn and I positioned ourselves to dance. I looked at her with my hand on her waist, waiting for her to confirm if she was comfortable. Ashlyn nodded. The way how she looked at me with her beautiful green eyes..I'M NOT IN LOVE AM I??

We both started to sway and dance along to the song as it continued to play.

'I'M NEVER GONNA DANCE AGAIN,'

The way we synchronized..

'GUILTY FEET AIN'T GOT NO RHYTHM.'

The way she smiled as we danced..

'THOUGH IT'S EASY TO PRETEND, I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A FOOL.'

Everything about her..she is flawless.

Maybe I am..

In love.

Taylor POV:
I watched the two lovebirds from the sidelines as I danced to the song with Ben. I knew I wouldn't regret making Ashlyn tag along.

Careless Whisper
Ashlyn x Aiden