Comfort behind bushes - Group

WARNING:
Violent language, blood mention, phantom, and the plot being all over the globe.

Ashlyn's POV:

SHIT.

The group and I are absolutely booking it for our lives right now since our jeep is pretty much broken. There is a horde of Phantoms chasing us, and they're freaking fast. We can't stop to try and take at least some of them out since they'd probably attack or kill us before we get the chance.

We've been running for a very long time, at least some time close to an hour. My legs are killing me from all of this running. None of us can take a moment to catch our breath. To make it worse, the phantom noises were as loud and annoying as always!

If we have to continue running anymore, I'm going to collapse. It's hard to run in a straight line with slightly blurred vision and tired legs.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Luckily, the group somehow found an area to hide from the Phantoms. It was an area in a forest that was filled with bushes. They all decided to take cover in the bushes, splitting into groups of two. Ashlyn was with Aiden, Taylor with Ben, and Logan with Tyler.

Ashlyn and the others were completely out of breath, but had to remain silent so none of the Phantoms would've catch them. The noises from the Phantoms only got louder due to at least four of them being in the area where the group was hidden. Ashlyn clutched tightly onto her noise cancelling headset, hoping to tune out the noise. She felt a pair of hands over here, helping her cover her ears. The ginger looked up to see the psychotic blonde helping her. Aiden's nose looked absolutely messed up. It had fresh blood rapidly flowing from his nose like a fountain. The effect of a phantom attacking him led to a badly broken nose. Another detail about Aiden besides his broken nose distracted Ashlyn a lot.

He wasn't smiling.

He looked genuinely...

scared.

This was new for Ashlyn. Yeah, there were a few times when Aiden wasn't really smiling but this. This was the most scared she ever saw him.

Not wanting to attract any attention, Aiden mouthed these words of comfort to Ashlyn.

"Trust me, we'll be okay."

How could he be the one saying that? His nose is absolutely screwed up, he looks like he's on the verge of crying, and he's actually terrified at the moment.

Logan's POV:

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. I'm trying my hardest not to burst into tears so I don't attract any Phantoms. My hands were trembling as they covered my mouth. Tears were forming in the corner of my eyes. As the 'cherry on top', I got a deep cut to my side that was bleeding like crazy. I'm surprised I'm not out cold by now with how much blood it is I'm losing so far.

My thoughts were like an unorganized bedroom where not even the owner of the room can find anything. I was panicking. My breathing was quick but forced to be quiet so no Phantoms would try and kill me and Tyler. Everything was a mess. Maybe if we didn't pull over by that stupid seven eleven, none of this would have happened.

I'm scared.

I don't want to die.

I don't want to be here anymore.

I just want to live a normal life with the others, not escape flesh-eating demons every single night without a break.

My train of thought was then interrupted by feeling a hand on my back. I jerked up but quickly calmed down once I had realized it was just Tyler. I could feel his hand slightly shaking on my back. I lean myself onto his, moving my hands from my mouth. I let my left hand slide onto his side. My head rested on his shoulder.

Tyler looked down at me. An expression of fear slight annoyance was plastered on his face. I then hesitantly whisper some words, hoping to comfort him.

"Everything's going to be alright.."

Ben's POV:

I'm huddled right next to Taylor behind a tall bush. Taylor was covering her mouth with one hand as tears streamed down her face. She was obviously scared. I want to tell her words of comfort and encouragement. I want to tell her 'Everything will end up well.'

I pulled Taylor closer to me, thinking of various ways to comfort her. Taylor had a tight grip on my hand. It felt like all of my bones would've snapped into millions of pieces. I try to ignore the pain from her grip and focus on just Taylor.

After a bit of thinking about ways of comforting her, nothing came to my mind except telling her words of comfort and encouragement.

I knew I didn't like talking because of my damaged voice, but I needed to comfort her.

I give Taylor's hand a slight squeeze.

The words slowly and quietly croak out of my mouth.

"Everything will end up well."

My voice sounded bad but at least it was understandable. Taylor jerked up and looked at me. She was surprised by me. I move my other hand from Taylor's waist and move it to her cheek. I gently caresse her face as my voice croaked out more words.

"Trust me."

THE END.

UGHH I HATE HOW THE DAMN PLOT IS ALL OVER THE PLACE😭

I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETYER