~Chapter Four~

Narrator's POV-

-

Illuna and Lily were safe in the hideout, far from the Hometree and the attack on the Omatikaya clan. Illuna had no knowledge of anything happening to her family.

-

The Omatikaya clan have found Jake and Grace treasonous. The two of them had known the attack was going to happen and they did little to stop it. The clan thought they had betrayed them and tied them up to posts at the entrance to the Home Tree. Neytiri was distraught, she thought she could trust Jake and that he had truly changed. But now she could never see him as one of the people, the Na'vi people. Jake was in shambles, he wanted nothing more than to escape his bindings and help the clan he called family. He wanted Neytiri to see that he wasn't with the Sky People, he was there for Neytiri, the clan, and their daughter.  

As the sky ships flew in with their massive metal army, their cameras set on Jake and Grace. The two were tied up with knives held to their throats. The clan was trying to use them as a reason for the humans to back off. But little did the clan know, the humans cared more for the destruction of Pandora, than the life of their own people. 

Jake and Grace screamed at the people around them, shouting at them to leave and run from the Home Tree. Tears streamed down their faces, not even caring that their lives were at stake. All they wanted was to get them out of the way of the attack. The clan ignored them, Eytukan ordering Tsu'tey to take the Ikrans and lead an attack from above. Following orders, Tsu'tey and the other warriors climbed onto their mountain banshees and lifted up into the sky.

Then the the first blows hit. The metal ships sent a few small gas bombs into the middle of the village. Creating a huge blast and sending smoke all throughout the home tree. People started screaming and crying, running from the blast and coughing terribly. The smoke was thick and made it almost impossible to breathe. Amid the clouds of tear gas, Jake and Grace watched in horror as the Na'vi people were attacked.

The arrows used by the warriors did nothing but bounce off of the metal ships. However, if they could get closer to the smaller air crafts, they could break the glass and kill the pilot. Eytukan could see what was happening and finally made the decision to order the entire clan to run to the trees. 

Another massive bomb landed and shook the ground and the Hometree. Jake struggled with his bindings, still trying to escape and help. Grace had given up and just hung from her bindings. Depression taking over as she watched clan members run away with burns from the boiling gas, children coughing and falling over. It was nothing but death and despair. 

As everyone ran and tried to escape the attack, suddenly Mo'at appeared from within the smoke. She held a knife, tears falling from her face and dropping onto the burning ground. Jake felt fear hit him deep in his soul. Mo'at always scared him a little deep down, but in this moment he genuinely felt like she was going to take his life. She came close and Jake closed his eyes out of fear when she raised her hands high. Slashing her knife down, Jake opens his eyes, surprised to see his bindings falling to the ground. 

"Txo nga lu nìngay 'aw of awnga. Srung si awnga."

(If you are truly one of us. Help us.)

Jake's expression went from surprised to serious within seconds. He nodded to his mate's mother and moved to let her cut Grace's bindings. Once Grace was freed, Jake told Mo'at to go with the others to safety. Already knowing what they were planning, Jake took Grace and ran to the columns of the Hometree.

Before they could get there though, a mirage of bullets and bombs were sent down against the Hometree. Everyone in the air and on the ground stopped in horror to watch as the tree groaned and started to tilt. The sound of the wood snapping could be heard for miles. And in less than a minute, the tree fell to its side, dying along with the hearts of the Omatikaya clan. Hundreds of mountain banshees fled from the falling tree, their riders hopping on their backs and escaping to the skies. When the Hometree hit the ground, the force shook the whole moon. Everyone standing fell over and lost their balance, covering them in ash and debris.