Chapter 3

After 2 months

*******

The trio stood in front of their college gate and took the moment in.

"Finally, we are here, and all of us together," Ansh said, expressing the thought that each of them shared.

"But we do have to part ways from here,"  Yash added.

"Yeah, Miss Topper here had to choose all the smart subjects." pouted Ansh

"Well, since the both of you didn't, someone had to step up, darling." Riya winked at the both of them and went up to her classes.

She walked into the crowded classroom, trying to find a place, when she spotted one empty desk. The girl sitting next to her seemed to be sleeping quite peacefully among these loud chatters, which surprised Riya. 

Suddenly the class went silent, and a man seemed to be walking inside the classroom. His aura was enough to grab the attention of all the students present there.

Riya thought he was a professor, so she woke the girl next to her, and it took her a minute to realise that a guy like that could be a professor.

"I think I am going to have full attendance this semester," the girl said.

But the guy seemed to be walking towards him when Riya noticed his backpack, so he wasn't a professor after all.

Please sit here, please sit here, please sit here," the other girl seemed to be chanting a mantra that only she herself knew had an effect.
The guy bent down to the girls and asked in his musky voice, "Is this seat taken?" and smirked.

As if on the bolt of lightning, Ashi scooched on the side, almost giving him more than the desk.
He sat beside Riya, so she instinctively scooched more to the girls side, and then she whispered to Riya, "Eh, my attendance is going to be full anyway."
He took the initiative to introduce himself to the girls. "Hi, I am Shubh, and you guys?"
Expectedly, the girl took the lead: "I am Ashi, and it's so nice to meet you." she seemed to be melting on their handshake.

Shubh looked expectantly towards Riya, and she hesitantly said, "My name's Riya, and it's nice to meet you too." She had an awkward politeness in her voice.
Before Ashi could talk more to him, the real professor came in, and the class started.