Chapter 5

Things started progressing quickly with time. It didn't take Ashi a lot of time to make her place in the group; it was a matter of just a few days before she became an inseparable member of the gang.
On a fine day, all four of them were sitting together in the canteen, which was now their usual routine.
"Ugh, these assignments will be the death of me, I swear." Ansh groaned while complaining and started stretching his arm around Ashi.
"But I don't think I have ever enjoyed lectures this much before; they are actually quite engaging," Riya commented with her face buried in her books.
Ashi, skillfully avoiding Ansh's arm, replied, "Yes, of course it's engaging for you since you're sitting next to a hottie."
That caught someone's attention: "Hottie?"
"Oh, so you were alive." Yash ignored Ashi's comment.
Even though Ashi was close with others, Yash never really took a liking to her.
"I was talking about Shubh; he's been giving quite a bit of attention to her." Ashi said this while completely distracted from her work.
"And when were you going to tell us that?" Ansh asked Riya.
Yash turned to Ansh and said in a light yet serious tone, "It's not the same as school anymore; it's not necessary; we'll get to know everything about everyone."
Riya knew he was just kidding but still tried to make herself clear: "That's not it, guys; if there was anything at all, I would've told you the first thing."

Ashi could sense the changing tone of the environment, and she felt she had to do something about it.
"Ah, I am tired from all this work. Let's go somewhere; the weather's quite nice too."
Ansh was the first to hop on this plan.
"But I don't have my motorbike today." Ansh has a genius plan (according to him).
"You do; we came on it this morning and already forgot? Haha, such a weak memory," he said while sliding the keys to his bike to Yash.
Everybody could sense the fakeness in Ansh's voice, but by this time everyone was used to its little schemes.
"Okay, then you guys come on Yash's bike; let's go, Riya."
Ansh could see his plan falling and whispered to Riya, "Please do something. I need this chance."
Riya would do anything for her friends, especially if it meant getting them together.
"Oh no, I have something to discuss with Yash. You guys go ahead."
Ashi thought it better not to interfere in the strange dynamic between the two, so she promptly agreed to go with Ansh.
"I am going with you, but this scooter is very dear to me, so I'll be driving it."
Ansh thought that was the one thing they had in common and just nodded and enjoyed a beautiful ride.