Chapter 40

Adams POV

The day before my concert I showed Tommy, Neil and Edna around the big top where the concert is and I was telling them how it came about with the ghost train fire.

Throughout the tour Tommy kept clinging to me and every so often got these chills run through him as I kept feeling him shiver so I told him I didn't want him at the rehearsal just the performance. I know he can pick it up pretty easily so I'm not worried about him being able to play.

He tuned his guitar while I was rehearsing for a bit then walked around with Neil and Edna not far from the park.

As soon as I finished rehearsing we went for dinner then it was straight back to the big top for the performance.

During the performance Neil was in the wings with Edna and she loved it. I think she loved seeing her dad in action. She knows he plays guitar as she has seen him playing it. So many nights we have sat at home singing and playing guitar for her.

The next day we just stayed around the hotel as I was so tired and Tommy still wasn't right. Neil took Edna for a bit then he came back and went through the contract for the house as we are signing that tomorrow. Neil has the head for that sort of stuff I don't.

The contract was fine so I rang Tim and told him that it was all good to sign and we would meet them tomorrow to sign the contract on the house.

I cant wait, Tommy has been so much more relaxed than what he was at home. I think we made the right decision to move to Australia. I just hope it doesn't take long. I don't want to stay in California too much longer as it just stresses Tommy out too much. Plus we still have his court case coming up in 2 weeks. Which is going to stress him out more. I don't like when he is stressed as it makes him very unhappy.

The next day we meet Tim and Anthony to sign the papers then head to the airport.

The solicitor promised to rush the paperwork through for us after we told him about what happened back in America.

We got back home after a much better flight with Edna to see the for sale sign on the house. I knew it was going up but it bought it all rushing to me that we are really doing this.

Skip ahead 2 weeks

The day before my glitter babies court case Neil told us that he would watch Edna as she doesn't need to see that. She is too young so I ask Tommy and he says yes so I drop her off at Neils then head back home to see how my husband is doing. He is doing okay at the moment but I don't think it has hit home as yet.

The next day we get ready to go and as we park at the courthouse Tommy grabs my hand and says babe I cant do this. I pull him into my arms and say I will be with you every step of the way. He cant get to you anymore. If anything he won't be able to come near you anywhere in the country.

Tommy pulls away from me and says thank you for everything you have done for me and our baby girl. We love you so much.

I kiss those lips I love so much and say I love you both very much and I will always protect you.

We walk into the courthouse and meet my solicitor to find out what court we will be in.

We walk into the court and straight away we see the creep that broke into my home. Tommy grabbed my arm and hid behind me so that he cant get to him. I pull him into my side and kiss the top of his head and say you are safe baby he can not get you or our baby girl.

I turn to my solicitor and say make sure he cant come near either of them anywhere in the world. He nods his head and says he won't come near either of you. I look at him and say I don't care about myself, it's Tommy and Edna I'm worried about.