Family

(Narrator's POV)

Now, back at the hotel Lucas had moved from his spot on the couch, and was actually sitting with Madam Pentious, who was holding him in the coils of her tail. Whenever KeeKee came over and laid down on his chest everyone that was watching went stary-eyed.

Everyone except Lucas: (in their thoughts) So cute~

Whenever Lucas tried to get up  he could feel Pentious's tail coil around him a bit more.

Lucas: Um, Pentious? Could you... let me go?

Pentious chuckled softly before bringing Lucas into her arms.

Pentious: In a moment (in her thoughts) Then again, you're so cute, I may never~

(Lucas's POV)

I wasn't used to all that attention, and I did kinda like it but it felt like they were all watching me, and some of the looks they gave me reminded me of that same look Alastra had last night. I was so scared that they could all be a little possessive.

With a sigh I lay back in Pentious' coils, and at least tried to relax until I felt someone pick me up.

Pentious: Hey!

Vaggie: What? Only you and Angel get to hold him?

Pentious was about to argue, but realized that she and Angel were the only ones that I had really spent time with and I was supposed to be spending the day with ALL of them. She just angrily mumbled before Vaggie took me and sat down next to Charlie.

(Vaggie's POV)

I didn't know why, but I loved this feeling, Lucas had his little body curled up in a ball, and I felt his breathing he was actually sorta calm, which was surprising. Sure, it looked like the shock of being in hell had worn off a bit, but he was still IN HELL.

How wasn't he hyperventilating?

He was laying his head against my arm, but when I went to put my arm around him he flinched and even winced a little.

Vaggie: Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure if...

I stopped when I noticed he was rubbing a little spot near the back of his neck, which was just barely covered by by his hair. That's when I remembered what Alastra told us about his uncle.

Vaggie: Lucas, can I see your shoulder, please?

Lucas: What why do you want t...

Vaggie: Just let me see.

Lucas hesitated for a moment, but then slowly pulled down the collar of his shirt, revealing a small, pretty dark bruise on his shoulder.

Vaggie: (softly) Lucas, did your uncle... did he hurt you?

Lucas bit his lip, looking down at his lap, and he looked a little sad. Then he answered, his voice just above a whisper

Lucas: Never really "tried", I got this from when he dragged me back to my room.

¡Qué puto cabrón!

Vaggie: Did your parents know he was this violent before they left you with him?!

Lucas: I wouldn't know.

Vaggie: Wha- oh.

He didn't know them? He... Wait.

I looked at everyone else and I think they heard him, given how sympathetic they looked, except Niffty, psychotic little whatever she is.

(A/N: Niffty... is a Niffty. That's how you describe her, Vaggie .)