Chapter 13

JENNIE

I opened my eyes slowly and looked up to the ceiling. I sat up and my eyes widened to see myself naked. I looked around in horror and got up. Oh shoot! I felt so sore.. Aww and my head hurt. I walked to Lisa's bathroom and decided to take a bath.

I know.. I slept with her to know. I'm aware that she took my V card last night. I walked out and took her shirt.

"Lisa.." I called as I walked out from her room.

"Lisa!" I called again but there's no one. I walked to the room and took my pho- there's a note.

I'm going to Philippines for a meeting. I'll see you tonight

-Lisa

I looked at the note disbelief. I remembered what happened yesterday and I scoffed disbelief. I took off all my clothes on the floor and wore it again. I walked out from her apartment and took a taxi to go to my office.

"Chahee.. Meeting in my office now." I said to my secretary and she quickly took her note and pen following me inside my office. We both planned something big even though my secretary prevented me from doing that.

"Never play games with Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, Lisa Manoban. Do you think I don't know your dirty little games?" I said as I stood beside the window looking outside.

Suddenly my phone rang and it's Lisa. I rejected it and turned off my phone. I left my phone in my office and went out to meet my friends. Me and my friends hung out eating, shopping and drinking until it's time to go home. I drove home since I'm not that drunk.

When I was going to get into my house, Lisa parked her car right in front of my house. I got out and found her already waiting for me.

"You rejected my call and turned your phone off?" She asked angrily and I looked at her disbelief.

"So what brings you here?" I asked as I stood in front of her like nothing happened last night.

"Look, Jennie.. about last night.. I never know that you're a-"

"Well.. I was the one who lured you in but I never expected for you to disappear in the morning.. for some.. deals.." I said sarcastically and she sighed.

"There's an important meeting back in Philippines, I have to go."

"Well of course you do need to go.. So have you eaten dinner?" I smiled sweetly at her.

"You're not mad or something?"

"Why would I be mad baby? We're getting married right?" I said as I pulled her towards mine. I kissed her and then my stomach growled.

"Let's eat something.."

"What do you want?"

"McDonalds? Time square?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'll park my car inside and I'll come out again. Okay?" I kissed her cheek.

"Okay." I walked into my car again and drove inside my house. I got out and walked out from my gate. I got inside her car.

"So how's work today? Did you close another deal?" I asked as I put my seatbelt.

"Quite good, I guess. Yeah I close another deal." She said in a really weird tone. I ignored her and decided not to be annoying or things like that.

"So.. about the wedding.. me and my secretary already looked for a place today."

"What did you get?"

"Philippines. El Nido Beach."

"Well that's okay, my friend got married there and it's okay." She said with no interest.

"Okay, you can invite 150 people and I'm 150 people. Who's that idea?" I asked cheerfully and she glanced at me.

"Okay." She smiled. Lisa is a definition of bipolar. I swear.. she was being weird in a second and then nice and sweet in another second. What the heck?!

"Is it okay for you? I mean.. Philippines.." She suddenly started talking.

"I just want it to be in the place that you like.. Oh there's a festival.. oh!" I pointed as we passed by it.

"Do you want to go?" She asked.

"Can we?" I turned to her.

"Okay.” She said and she turned the car back to the other way. She parked the car and we got out of it. She walked to me and held my hand.

"It's a little bit chilly.. you okay?" She asked and I laughed secretly inside my heart. Since when she cares..

"No, I'm okay.. Oh it's a wine and food festival." I said as I pointed at the banner. I squealed when I saw waffles.

"White chocolate waffle please." I ordered and paid for it. I stood on the side looking at the staff making the waffle. So excited..

"That's exciting?"

"Yeah." I chuckled. I turned to her for a moment and turned back to the waffle.

"Cute." She ruffled my head and kissed the side of my hair.

"You're in a good mood today.." I turned to her because it's so weird seeing her being all close and just.. this.

"You got a good deal or something?"

"Yeah.. Made a call with the York company and just.. you know." She smiled widely and my heart crunched. Let me tell you, York company is a Europe-American company, they are quite big because they're connecting all Europe and America. They never want to deal with someone who they never trust. York company only made a deal with the 7 Gold Lifes in America and every company wants that deal because it gave a big profit to both sides and if.. you got a deal with York.. You can get a deal with any company in the world.

"You want a deal with a York company?" I asked and choked on my own words.

"Yeah, I want it and can you help me for that?" That's what I thought.

"Can we take care of the wedding first and then think about the York company later on?" I asked without looking at her.

"Number 287." They called my number and I walked towards them.

"Here you go miss." I grabbed the waffle and turned to Lisa. She was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"I'll help you get a deal with York after our wedding." I said and her eyes widened.

"Deal?" I asked.

"Yeah.” she nodded.

You have a lot of money already Lisa. Do you really love it so much until you become heartless like this? Using me to get more money and then throw me away like I'm nothing.

"Tomorrow I'm going to go to a wedding dress shop.. Come with me?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I have an app-"

"That's okay." I cut her and walked away.

☆☆☆