Chapter 19

JENNIE

"Happy birthday, my princess." My dad hugged me tightly and I smiled hugging him back.

"Happy birthday, Jennie" My mom hugged me tightly too. I lied to Lisa about going to the office. The truth is that my parents asked me to spend my birthday with them.

"Where's Lisa?"

"She's sick and she said she will have dinner with me later on." I lied. She doesn't even know that today is my birthday.

"Okay then.. let's celebrate." My dad said. We ate brunch together and my mom made a cake for me. They sang a happy birthday song for me and I was so happy to spend my birthday with them.

My dad gave me a necklace as a present and my mom gave me a really special dress that she made herself for me. We talked a lot and they said they can't wait for my wedding. They supported me in everything that I do and the choices that I made. I'm glad that I have really good parents.

After that Jungkook called me wishing me happy birthday and he insisted that he visited me at my office. He gave me a lot of chocolate and even a bear. It surprised me that he knew my birthday and he said that he saw my data in the hospital.

He wishes me to be happy for my wedding which is in a few days and I only nod for it. After that I locked myself in my office.

"Jennie.. What are you hoping right now? For Lisa to know your birthday and surprise you on your birthday? She doesn't even know that today is your birthday." I said to myself. I felt my heart aching so bad and I started to cry.

Jennie.. You're crazy. You know you're hurting but you're still hanging on to this jerk asshole that doesn't even care about you. Until when will you hang on like this? Until you die, she won't love you Jennie. She only has Yaya in her heart and it will never change.

I know she was hurted by her, that's why she's trying to distract herself with work.. and me. She's working and working to forget the pain of her broken heart.

I cried and cried and cried.. I really can't believe that I'm still here with her and let myself get hurt. I wiped my tears and looked at my phone blankly hoping that Lisa would message me wishing me a happy birthday but.. it never came.

I walked to the mirror and looked at myself. I looked pathetic and really stupid. My love for Lisa is just too big until I hurt myself for this. I sighed and walked back to my chair.

I decided to go home and wash up. I started to do my makeup and hair again. I wore a dress and drove to my favorite restaurant to buy some food. I drove my car straight to Lisa's apartment.

I walked in and she's still at work. I prepared the food and put it on the dining table. I decorated the table like a candle dinner. I looked at it and sighed.

"Why am I doing this?" I said to myself and I walked towards Lisa's room. I sat on the bed and caressed the bed sheet.

"Until when will you see it as a game, Lisa?" I said trying not to cry because my make up will be ruined.

"Will we be happy?" I asked myself and I sighed big time.

I walked out from her room and sat on the sofa. I looked at it as I rewinded all the time we spent here. We watched movies.. eating.. and again.. at the end of the day.. it's only me who is always sincere.