Chapter 14: Training buddy.

"Aki, Aki!"

I was immersed in cultivation when I suddenly heard Ci's voice calling my name.

"What's the matter, Ci?"

"Someone is knocking on your door. It might be your master."

"So you really can perceive what's happening outside."

"As long as it's within the vicinity of the grimoire."

"I see. Well then, I'll be going for now."

I finally heard the clamorous knocking on my door once I got out of the grimoire.

"What's the matter, Liam?" I asked after I opened the door.

"Are you masturbating or something? I've been knocking for 2 minutes, but you're only responding now!?"

"How vulgar. I was just too immersed in studying magic; it's fascinating, after all." Sorry, Liam. Ci made me promise not to disclose any information related to him.

"Tsk, you study too much! I better not find out that you're not even sleeping anymore."

"Just say that you're worried about me. My master sure is shy."

"Shut up! Just go down with me; I'll introduce you to someone."

"Who?"

"Chris' little brother, Cross. How dare Chris leave his brat of a brother to me?"

"How can you talk like that behind my brother's back? He's your superior, you know?" A red-haired guy who seems to be the same age as me spoke in an arrogant manner. He's currently sitting on the sofa, while his left foot is settled on the mini table in front of him.

"Huh? When did that silly Chris become my superior? He just happened to get the number one spot in the 12 general's seats. In fact, I like number two better, so I let Chris have the top spot."

"Wait till I tell my brother."

"Go ahead, your brother doesn't even have the guts to go against me."

I really can't stand my master's silliness anymore. Did he just disturb my cultivation to become a witness to this childish banter?

"Ehem, Master, arguing with someone younger than you doesn't seem to fit the image of the great Liam, don't you think so?" I whispered in my master's ear.

"You have a point. As expected of my precious disciple, you know your master too well."

I just smiled, trying to control the urge to roll my eyes.

"Disciple!? Since when did you have a disciple? Not to mention that he doesn't seem to be anyone special," sneered the guy named Cross. Now that I gave him a second look, he does bear some resemblance to Fist.

"You dare insult my beloved disciple? Wait till you get beaten up by him."

"This guy? Ha! I don't think that he's capable of that," Cross contemptuously stated as he was now in front of me, staring into my eyes as if I were someone below him. I wonder why. We have the same height, though.

I just smiled as I returned Cross' gaze back to him. I don't mind being perceived as weak, but that doesn't mean that I'll act as one.

"Oi, oi, oi. Cross, why are you looking at my disciple so intimately? Love at first sight?"

"The heck!? What nonsense is that? I'm just checking out this disciple of yours."

"And? What did you find?"

"I found out that he's indeed someone not worth mentioning. Seriously? Is he the son of a rich man or something? How much did you get paid for you to lower your grade to accept such a talentless person?"