My Ex

My Ex

•••

After a busy morning, I was called in for an emergency meeting at our other company.

Scratched that, not a company but an agency.

When I entered the building, I saw some people who bowed and greeted me. The front of this building is a very big gate, which no one can enter without the authority. With stringent and complex security, no outsiders are welcome.

Strategic Operations of Intelligence and Security Agency

I read on the logo that was put in the center of the main lobby.

This is a secret agency that works to put out crimes in the society. We are different from the FBI or CIA, but we knew them and of course they knew us. We work on the shadows too. Some agents were also given tasked to act as double agents with the FBI or CIA, which required them to train again according to these organizations' rules. Pero syempre, the organizations know that they came from us, especially their leaders. Ganon din sa Pilipinas, sa NBI, PMA or sa Navy pa. Only the higher-ups knew things, and this only happened on special occasions or the most complicated situations. Kasi minsan, meron din silang pinapadalang tauhan nila dito. Of course, the government knew about us.

As much as we want to work together, we can't iba-iba ang aming mga layunin.

The founder is my lolo, Felix Selvester. Of course.

And our main office is in the Philippines, located in a secluded area of a mountain. A mountain na di masyadong napapasyalan ng ilang mga tao. A very large land, that my family owned. And it is also invisible sa kahit anong cameras or surveillance dahil naka-cloak ito.

The companies we have are just a mask to what our business really is. It's a front sa public eye.

Dito sa America, dito ang main branch sa kong saan ako. Sa labas ay parang warehouse lang, pero sa loob. Puno ng agents. We keep our identity hidden for safety and anonymity.

Pumasok ako sa elevator and pressed the button for the underground.

The office is in the underground too. Kahit na kasi mukhang warehouse ang labas at complex ang security nito, mas pinili paring maging secure ang lahat kaya ang sa itaas ay parang normal office lang, pero sa ilalim nandoon nagtratraining ang lahat. At ang mga offices.

I entered once again a tinted room.

Pagkapasok ko ay nandito na ang iilang taong nagbribriefing ng mission sa di ko kilalang mga agents.

"You're here."

I smiled when Tito Henry noticed my arrival. A level 10 agent, who's been tasked to take command here.

Agents are ranked on their skills, ability, and intelligence and you can't be an agent if you have below an IQ of 80 and a low EQ.

As much as intelligence is needed here, we train agents to be also emotionally smart.

"Yes, you called?"

All eyes are on me. I think they're level 5 agents. Agents are levelled through numbers. Except the Founder. So the highest rank is level 10, the lowest is level 1. Level 10 is the leaders, level 1 are the newbies, trainees, the agents who aren't yet allowed in the field.

I am a level 9 agent, I have my own team and I'm the Strategic and field commander.

He faced the agents and dismissed them.