Chapter 9: Say It

Rhea Knight

I wake up to knocking on the door. I look and see my dogs cuddled up to me. I must have fell asleep.

I have a Tibetan Mastiff (Zeus), an Italian Mastiff (Bear), and a German Shepherd (Ace).

Ace was at my feet, using my lower legs as a pillow, Zeus was behind my, cuddled into my neck and back, while I was hugging Bear, his face away from me.

Bear always does that so he can protect me quicker, he's done it before. The only ones he won't attack are my parents and.. well it used to be the boys but I don't know if he still will.

I was allowed to bring my dogs along with me, so I did.

I came back to the hotel at 1 after I had been hanging out at Starbucks with Colby all night. Catching up and just talking.

I check the time and see it was 4 in the morning. I groan and get up. I fix my clothes

My hair was down and naturally curled

My hair was down and naturally curled. Like if I crimped it or left it in a French braid.

I get up and open the door to see... Dean.

"Dean? What are you doing here? It's 4 in the morning." I say.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep and I really need to talk to you." He says.

I sigh and let him in. I close the door.

"Coffee?" I ask.

"Sure." He says.

I start making it and I turn to see Dean leaning on the counter, watching me. I turn back around and reach for the coffee mugs. I grab two and then turn to see Dean smiling.

"What?" I ask, putting the mugs on the counter top.

"Nothing, it's just... You always looked so cute reaching for stuff..." He says.

I look down and then go to the coffee. I get the thing and start pouring our cups.

"Still take a little bit of cream and 2 sugars?" I ask.

"Yep." He says.

I make his cup then slide it to him.

"Thanx." He says.

I nod and pour the hazelnut coffee creamer into mine. I stir it then take a sip.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I ask.

He puts his cup down and stands in front of me.

"I wanna talk about the big issue at hand... Us." He says.

I sigh and put my cup down.

"Look what happened, happened. It's done and over with. Just leave it." I say.