Ch. 10 Time In The Asylum

I opened my eyes as the sun peaked through my hotel blinds. We were due for another Live Event today, but I wasn't wrestling on the show they were broadcasting today called Main Event. I had my meeting with the Head as well as talking about a contract deal.

       "You're awake," I heard a voice say, causing me to turn and look behind me. Randy was walking into the room and coming onto my side of the bed. Smiling down at me, he sat down on the edge and laid his arm against my extended legs.

        "Good morning to you too," I said, smiling at him, placing my hand on top of his.

       "You feeling alright?"

       "Yeah, I feel better. Thanks for staying with me last night." After Randy and I shared our kiss, we laid on the beach a while longer until it got colder. But while we were picking up, Randy and I ended up wrestling in the sand before we got to the water. We both ended up falling in. While trying to get out, I slipped in the sand after stepping on a rock and landed on the damp sand -- only to my luck, landing on another rock, hitting my head. Though my head didn't hurt too bad, I got pretty woozy not too long after that, so Randy insisted he'd stay with me just in case.

        "Just glad you feel better. I wonder if this looks any good," Randy said before running his thumb gently against my skin. I slightly winced since it was still feeling fresh.

        "Can you check it?" Randy nodded at me and I slowly sat up. Randy sat closer to me as I rested against the head board. Taking the bandage off, Randy seemed rather focused on my possibly bruised and scabbed over cut on the top of my forehead, near my hairline.

        "Doesn't look too bad but it's definitely yellow and purple. Nothing you're hair can't hide. Or even makeup. The scab doesn't look bad at all either. How's your head?"

        "Don't have a headache anymore so I feel fine." Randy ended up giving me another concussion test anyways just to be safe.

        "I don't think you have a concussion but if it gives you any problems, I'd go see doc later. But for now, let's get some ice on that." Randy helped me out of bed as I limped a little bit from the small bruise on the ball of my foot from stepping on the rock.

       "My foot's definitely got a bruise there." Randy stopped me at the wall mirror and told me to lift my foot. I did as asked and I saw a small purple circle.

        "Probably an internal bruise. Nothing to worry about. Are you scheduled to a match tonight?" Randy asked as he helped me to the small sofa across the room.

       "No, I'm supposed to have my meeting with the head today and working through my contract. So I'm assuming if I get one, they're sending me home with shit to read." Randy chuckled at me.

        "Most definitely they will." Randy got in his first aid bag to get everything he used last night to cure and cover my cut. Apparently, I'm not allowed to use an ice pack.

       It's a big thing in WWE I guess. New comers can't use ice or ice packs because we haven't been in the company long enough and haven't been through enough to use one. It's "protocol" Randy told me. At that particular moment last night, Randy wanted me to use one but knew I couldn't. So he just laid an ice cold water rag on my forehead until I fell asleep.

        I don't understand it fully, but I get it at the same time.

       Randy treated my head and covered it back up. We both decided to get some breakfast so Randy went back to his room to change, as did I. I put on black cargo pants, threw a tank top on a a red sweatshirt. I dug in my case to see if I had any beanies I could throw on to covet the bandage on my head. I found a red one to match my shift and threw it on.

       After brushing my teeth, I took the braid out of my hair and brushed the rest out. My now wavy curly hair sat on my shoulders. I slid into some of my Nike shoes and met Randy at the end of the hallway.