𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 17

My
       heart shattered into a million pieces as I stumbled upon the devastating scene right now in my room. The thunderstorm outside matches the tempest raging within me as I collapse beside Wulf, my precious dog, lying cold and lifeless.

Its..., my birthday woah...

Sighing to myself .
I'm shivering and sniffing not understanding the heck is going around.

Months of searching, hoping, and praying have led me to this moment, ? This?

I..
I was not  prepared for this gift
Him packaged as a  gift for the new year. Tears blur my vision as I gather him into my arms, the stench of decay making me gag, but I refuse to let go.

Running my trembling hands through his once-soft fur, now matted and stiff, memories of our happiest moments flood my mind. Every wag of his tail, every sloppy kiss, now a painful reminder of what I've lost. The storm outside rages on, each raindrop hitting the window like icy daggers, echoing the turmoil in my soul.

My room ? my clothes torn, photographs shredded, everything upended.

Wulf's lifeless body is the only thing that matters.

I buried my face in his fur, inhaling his scent one last time, but instead it's making me more gag.

With a gut-wrenching scream, I release all the sorrow, cursing the cruelty of fate and begging for it to take me instead. But even as Im crying and cursing .

I still have him  in my arms...
refusing to let him go, knowing that in death, he'll always be by my side.

Broken and shattered....I crumpled to the floor,clutching wulf's lifeless body to my chest,reality crashing down me as a tidal wave.

What have I done wrong to ?..

Oh..

I screamed for the last...loosing my voice.

I tried to look but my vision went blurry making me loose myself not able to see wulf.
I rubbed'em again to see but I can't.

I completely lost him.

I tried to scream more but was unable to.
As if my vocal chords paralysed.

I couldn't stop trembling, shivering and all blank.

-----------_---------------–—·_·-----------------------

                         ꧁𝗝𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵꧂

As i hurriedly went up there, drawn by Krisa's piercing screams echoing through the house, my heart pounded with a mixture of fear and concern. Each step felt like an eternity as i raced towards her room, the sound of the storm outside adding to the sense of urgency.

Finally, i reached the door and flung it open, only to be met with a sight that sent a chill down my spine.

There, lying on the floor was shivering Krisa, her clothes soaked from the rain .

For a moment, I stood frozen in shock, my mind struggling to comprehend the scene before me.

Krisa's screams still echoed in my ears, like ringing through .

but now they were replaced by the sound of my own racing heartbeat as I rushed towards her .

"Krisa!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with worry as i knelt beside her, gently shaking her shoulders.
"Are you okay? What happened?"

But Krisa remained unresponsive, her eyes staring blankly into the distance as silent tears streamed down her cheeks. My heart ached at the sight of her pain, and i longed to gather her into his arms and shield her from the storm raging both outside and within.

With trembling hands, i reached out to brush a strand of wet hair from her face, my touch gentle yet filled with an urgency born of love and concern.
"Krisa," I whispered softly knowing the reason of her,my voice barely more than a whisper.

Krisa's eyes met mine, filled with a mixture of sadness and desperation.
"Joseph, it's Wulf," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the sound of the rain.
  "I found him... Finally "

That's where I saw him.
Tears prickling my skin as they fell on her cheeks.
She noticed my eyes and started crying more hard and lounged for a hug.

My breath caught in my throat as I followed her gaze to the lifeless form of her beloved dog lying beside her.

A wave of shock and sorrow washed over me, leaving me at a loss for words.

Wulf had been Krisa's constant companion, her loyal friend through thick and thin, and the thought of him no longer being by her side was almost too much to bear.
I never knew wulf ..
But why as a gift.
I saw the box and torn paper chits all wet by the water poured by the rain inside.

Gently, I wrapped my arms around Krisa, pulling her close as she buried her face in my chest,
"I'm so sorry, Krisa," I murmured, my voice hoarse with emotion. "I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now."

Krisa clung to me, her body shaking with sobs as the weight of her grief threatened to overwhelm her. For a moment, we simply held onto each other.

As the minutes passed, the rain continued to fall outside, but inside our little sanctuary, there was only the quiet sound of our breathing, the steady beat of our hearts. And though I couldn't take away Krisa's pain, I vowed to stay by her side, offering whatever comfort and support she needed to weather the storm of grief that raged within her.

" I am sorry ........I love you " I kissed her forehead rubbing her arms .

She widened her eyes , coughing and held my hands.

" Pa... Papa where is he? And what bout mom? " All teary , I helped her stood up and  she grabbed my hands  trynna get down with her dad as soon as possible.

I let her go and checked the room once.

" Jessusss..."