ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

❝ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʀᴇᴄᴏɴꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ❞

Karma's likes being alone. He likes the silence that comes with it. But at the same time he hates it. He hates how he sits staring at a wall for hours doing nothing because he can't bring himself to look away. Or the degrading voices roaming in his head.

He doesn't know what part of the world his parents are in. Frankly he doesn't care. He wishes they cared more like when he was a child. But honestly he wishes they'd be here, sometimes.

Karma knows that it's career choosing day, he doesn't care about what he does in the future, aren't they all going to die from the earth being blown up?

Whatever. He doesn't care anyways. He could just skip today. That's what he did last year, but he really wants to see how things differ with the class. He likes seeing the divide over nothing.

His Mom, also had told him that he had to go and pick careers since he is in his third year, she's been kind of annoying lately. He's not sure why she's being so mean. He has been missing more school this term, but she's also been gone more.

Mom

Hi Baby, we landed in Cueta safely. I want you to pick your career today. I've had enough with the calls from the school.

Ok

His mind drifts back to Nagisa.

He thinks it's silly. He really doesn't understand why it's such a huge deal. He gets why people wouldn't trust the boy, but why exile him like this. Nagisa's always been exiled though, at least to Karma. Last year was a rough year. Not just for Karma.

He remembers sitting next to the boy, the boy used, and still mostly is. Anyways, he used to be extremely shy and introverted. Karma always felt kinda bad for him. Still Nagisa always had this strange scary lust that radiated off him. People felt intimidated by him.

Karma never understood it.

One Year Ago..

"Hey." Karma's voice trials softly in the class of 1D. Karma and Nagisa sit relatively close. And everyone (except a few) have gone to lunch.

Nagisa's head cocks over, giving Karma a look that he can't read. Karma just speaks again, not knowing what to do about the weird face.

"Everyone's scared of you, you know?" Karma starts, he's not one to speak to people either, he normally tells them off.

"Oh." Nagisa reacts. He pauses for a few moments, thinking about how to respond. It's awkward, and Karma might be regretting speaking to him. "Aren't people scared of you?"

"No, what?" He draws out the 'what' making it sound super sarcastic. He watches the boy who smiles. He's never seen Nagisa smile before.

"Thought that'd be something you're proud of?" Nagisa questions. "You wouldn't be intimidating if you didn't want to be."