ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

❝ ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ, ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ. ❞

 ❞

"C-can you pick me up I-?" Nagisa muttered into the phone, doe-eyes looking forward, how'd he let it get this bad?

Let's rewind, it all started when he came home from school, before he got home. When he was picked up after his fight with Karma. After his mother found out that he lied to her.

When Nagisa gets into the car, he's scared. He'd dare to say is petrified. His mothers mad. Very mad and angry, it's scary but Nagisa's used to it. He just stares forward as they drive. He's not sure what's to come.

"So.." His mother starts, it makes his heart beat so fast, chains feeling constricting in his stomach. He feels as though he needs to shit. "You didn't choose your career. And you lied to me." She speaks calmly. More scary than just her yelling.

"Um." He's not sure how to respond. "I ju-" He's cut off by Hiromi making a sharp left turn.

"You just? You just lied to me. And skipped, and didn't even tell me? Do you not trust me?" Nagisa's baffled at her comment.

"Huh?" Nagisa acts confused. What's happening?

"You're so stupid." Hiromi comments, and Nagisa can't help but agree. "You should listen to me more. Tomorrow, you will choose the career that I told you to choose. You're already behind. I swear Nagisa, i'll call your teacher tomorrow, do not make me go in."

When they got inside the house things turned dark, she started to get more strict than the soft(er) conversation that they'd had in the car, it confused him.

" You do understand? You're making me look bad? God fucking damnit. You, you stupid child, getting into fights, skipping? WHat is wrong with you." She said, more of an evil look in her eyes, her lips turning into an evil smile, Nagisa knew that look.

He bowed his head a little, muttering a quick, " I'm sorry." Words were hard to come out, he knew he was in the wrong, but he didn't know how to fix it, he isn't sure how to please her, can he?

"That's not enough Nagisa, You think you can fix this by saying that?!" She said, voice straining, getting louder into more of a quiet yell.

"I never said that," He raises his head, trying to calm her a little, "I will try harder. Please."

"You're making me look like a bad parent! I'm a good parent, you just need to respect me more." She says, raising from her seat, that smile was replaced by a more firm, strict frown. She walks closer, going to cup her son's face.

"You love me right?"

Nagisa suppresses a flinch, he lowers his head, "Yes, mom. I love you." He says, voice cracking in little places, she lets go of his face.

"I love you too, c'mon baby." She says, snaking her hand around his head and making him go forward, he stays silent knowing him making noise will only make it worse, he wants to ask her whats happening, but he's scared to know.