Chapter 25: None of them are qualified babysitters...except Kurogiri

Being left alone with one of the members of the league became normal, as the others had to leave to run 'errands'. They, of course, spared Izuku the details (which he appreciated).

When left with Mr.Compress he got to learn new magic tricks and card tricks. It was nice how the man was slowly trying to show him sleight of hand. It was entertaining, to say the least.

The times he was left with Magne were calm and they talked about an array of topics, Izuku's favorite topic was when she told him about how she had gotten her giant magnet. Apparently, it involved an odd array of details like a cat, two and a half bottles of vodka, an arm-wrestling competition, and surprisingly singing. The story of how she got her current shades was a similar situation. When Izuku asked if Magne was joking with him, all she did was ruffle his hair and smile.

When left with Toga and Twice she showed him knife throwing again, and he could feel himself improving. Oddly he was getting the hang of it quite easily which Toga was proud to say was because of her. Though, Izuku couldn't help but notice what felt like faint whispers when he threw a knife. But that could have been just Twice literally whispering him tips that had nothing to do with throwing knives.

Then there was one time where he was left alone with Spinner and Dabi.

That didn't happen again when Kurogiri returned to find several pieces of furniture still smoking.

__

Being left with Kurogiri was quiet but nice.

Usually, when the others came back they found Izuku drinking tea and behind the counter. There were some times where they saw Izuku behind the counter. On those days they stared a bit more at Izuku.

Later that night Magne would tell him about how none of them were ever allowed behind the counter.

"Really? None of you?" Izuku asked.

"Yeah. Even during fights, if anyone tried to go behind the bar he would open a warp and just drop us back out here," she explained. Just as she finished and the two of them were just looking at the bar they saw Twice run and jump, as if to dive behind the bar. Then just as Magne explained, a warp gate opened up and the next thing they saw was Twice diving into the couch.

The next time Izuku found himself behind the bar, he felt a bit more giddy than usual. He had to hold back from laughing when he saw the bug-eyed stares from the others. He knew why they were looking at him like that.

It was because he was dressed up in black slacks, a white button-down, and a vest. The marble necklace he had was proudly in view.

Before the others left, he could hear Shigaraki mutter, "Mini Kurogiri" and Twice joke to Toga about Kurogiri officially being a dad.

Izuku just smiled and continued to do so every time he saw purple wisps reach out to him whenever he walked by.

____

Izuku was currently sitting near Shigaraki as he played another video game. Surprisingly it was one where instead of fighting anyone are anything relatively destructive, you were planting plants around an abandoned city.

It was nice, and when Izuku scooted a bit closer Shigaraki didn't say or do anything. After a bit, Shigaraki actually tilted the game console so Izuku could see better. There was a comfortable silence for a while until Izuku just looked away from the game and at Shigaraki's face.

He was reminded of how the first time he saw Shigaraki it was with his body covered in dismembered hands. But since he's been at the bar, the only times he had actually seen him with a hand on his face was when he went out and came back.