"Why not me?": CharMoree

Theme: Angst

Summary:
To which The Unchosen will always be Unchosen.
.
.
.

❣︎❣︎❣︎

'𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝘮𝘦...?'

Rody slurred, as he slumped his head down on Vincent's dining table. Vincent just watches the Mess in front of him helplessly. I mean- How would he even be of help to the poor fellow in front of him? He's not even good at comforting.

Vincent sighed, as he took very small sips of his Wine. Afraid that he might end up being in a Much more messier state than the one in front of him right now.

After the Party that Vincent asked Rody to cater in, He invited Rody to have a few drinks with him as a form of 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 for helping him out, despite the lack of heads up.-

-Or atleast, He reasoned it as...

𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬, 𝘐𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴.

Rody isn't even as light- weighted as Vincent is, Yet he easily fell into the state he's in now. Fortunately enough, Vincent wasn't drinking as much as he would on a regular day. He only takes few sips every minute or so, Especially because someone else is inside his 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦. He needs to raise his guard up.

But does he really need to? Given the Situation they're in right now?

'𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺.'

Rody sniffled. Burying his head on his Arms that are sitting crossly on the Table. Vincent tilted his head curiously.

'𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘰, 𝘙𝘰𝘥𝘺?'

Vincent raised a brow at the shaking, slumped figure of Rody, Whom looked like he's trying his best to conceal his overflowing emotions, But is failing miserably. Rody looked up from his slump, His tears-filled eyes met Vincent's dark ones.

'𝘉𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝙨𝙤 𝙚𝙛𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙡𝙮...'

Rody uttered, before looking back down. His trembling figure remained. Vincent opened his mouth to say something, But stopped himself and chose not to. He stood up, Informing the Older that he's going to get a Hangover Medicine somewhere.

'𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬.'

He uttered. And with that, He left.

When Vincent came back, He saw the Older's figure quietly sleeping on the 𝗍able, With his head rested sideways, Facing his direction. 𝖧e's using his Left arm to 𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗈𝗇, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉. 𝖲𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖳𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖤𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇.

Vincent knew exactly what Rody was talking about. Yes, He knew that Rody entered his Office without his permission that day. Similarly, he also knew that Rody saw his picture with 𝙃𝙚𝙧. That's the main reason he called Rody in for. To 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗂𝗍. The Party wouldn't even be that hard to cater alone. He just really needs a Reason to talk to Rody privately, And a '𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺' just seemed to be fitted enough for his convenience. However, He didn't expect that Rody would actually show up. Most of the Time, When a person finds out something they didn't like, They'll decide to avoid it or 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 from it. But Rody 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩. He didn't hide. Which piqued Vincent's interest.

Vincent walked up to the vulnerable Man in his line of sight. Rody's sleeping figure doesn't look peaceful at all. His brows are furrowed, As if something's bothering him.

Looking at the Red- head who's now in front of him, Vincent gently touched Rody's face, Roaming his pale, slender fingers on the Red- head's skin. While Doing so, He brushed his hair off from his face, Revealing the red head's Vulnerable, Flushed, Sleeping Face.

Vincent's gaze naturally softened. He leaned in closer to the Sleeping figure in front of him, While reminiscing his words from earlier.

'𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘺?'

Vincent mumbled.

'𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐'𝘮 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘦?'

Closing his eyes, Vincent scoffed.

'𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶.'

Opening his eyes again, He glared at Rody.

'𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤.'

Vincent laid his head on the Red head's neck, Inhaling his Lemon- scented perfume.

'𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳...'

Vincent reached out to hold Rody's hand, But stopped himself before their skin even collided.

'𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝙢𝙚?'

Vincent cupped the Red head's face, Before kissing him on the forehead.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝙢𝙚...?

Vincent held onto that kiss, Closing his eyes, As a single tear left his eye.

...𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘦?...

[Credits to the Artist of the Art]