The one with the last night

-Hello darling. How you doing today?- Millie walked out of her room while her father and I were cooking the dinner together. I smile at her and hug her tightly.
-Hi, Millie! How do you feel about flying back tomorrow?- I ask and suddenly realized that it's the last day that I can hang out with Millie until summer break.
-I don't really wanna go but I have work in two days in London so I need to go...- She gives me a sad look.
-But... since it's the last day I want to go out with you to the club!- She grabs my hands excitedly. I chuckle at her actions.
-Fuck it. Let's go!- We both chuckled.
-What about the dinner?- Oliver asks with annoyance in his tone. We look at him as we forgot about the dinner.
-Dad? Can we eat together breakfast instead? Please it's the last day?- Millie gives her father her puppy eyes and he rolls his eyes.
-Okay go you two.- He smiles and we leave with a quick 'thank you'.

-I told you she's not jealous. She just doesn't like you.- I try to explain to Millie.
-There's no way you can be in such a denial!- She laughs. I honestly don't believe that Ms. Richard could be jealous of a student...
-Whatever.- I answer and open the door to the club.
We drink a couple of shots and Millie goes on the dance floor. I sit alone by the bar sipping on my drink. I get bored so I look around the room. My eyes meet with a familiar face and I'm staring in disbelief as I realize who that was. Our gaze meet and I turn around to my drink immediately. Her presence scared me and I have no idea why. I decided to go out for a smoke. I'm not a smoker but I do it twice a year maybe. I just felt like I'd use one.

I open the door and the cold breeze of night's air hits my skin. I take a deep breath and sit on a sidewalk curb. I take out my cigarette and a lighter. I pull it to my lips and I feel my lungs filling with the harsh sensation.
-What kind of stimulants are you not using?- I started to cough as I heard the familiar voice behind me. I try to hide the cigarette but to no avail. I hear the teacher chuckle. She sits next to me on the sidewalk curb and shows me her hand. I look at her confused as she sighs and takes the cigarette from my hand herself as I look at her dumbfounded.
-Oh stop it. You're allowed to smoke and I'm not?- She says and I'm taken aback by her actions and the way she was speaking. She dropped her professional personality which took me off guard and actually scared me.
-I-no it's fine.- I manage to say something.
-So that's how you're trying to quit drinking, huh?- Her slender fingers drag the cigarette to her lips and she takes it in. I focus on her every move as she breath out the smoke. I hear a soft chuckle that makes me feel something weird down my stomach.
-Close your mouth, Stevens.- She seems to be in a good mood as she makes fun of me now OR is that drunk but it doesn't seem like it. I feel embarrassment, i didn't even realize I had my mouth opened.
-I...- I was looking for the right words to say.
-What are you doing here so late?- She asks simply, the way she looks at me makes me want to do something I will regret but it's probably the alcohol I've drank talking.
-It's the last day Millie is in town so we headed out.-
The woman nod her head and I'm amused by her every slight gesture.
-Must be hard to keep a long distance relationship.- She takes the last puff of the cigarette. Because of the alcohol I feel the need to tell her we aren't together. I do as I feel.
-We're not actually together.- I chuckle as how stupid it is. She looks at me interested.
-Then why would you lie about that?- She seems so into the conversation now. I don't see a way back so I tell her.
-That's stupid but Millie wanted you to be jealous of me. I don't even know how would that make any sense.- I laugh at my own words as I see her eyebrows raised. After a moment she speaks up.
-Yet you agreed to it...- The way she looks at me interested in my words burns holes in my soul. I feel my cheeks slightly blushing. I need to come up with a good lie...
-Uh, yeah, she-she was excited about it so... I agreed. Sorry for that Ms.- I look down at my shoes and I feel the sidewalk makes me get cold. She keeps quiet for a few minutes.
-Can I buy you a drink, Ms Richard?- I ask surprisingly calm. I found it as a good question since we are in front of the club.
-Why not, Stevens.- I get surprised by the teacher's answer. We get inside and sit at the bar.