(3) YokLongtae - More than a friend

Yok could finally sleep better, his mother got a job which calmed him down. He told her many times that he'd work but she was stubborn and Yok understood working helped her with her self-esteem. She doesn't want to feel powerless but like everyone else, normal. She wants to have the same duties though her health condition is different.

Still... Yok shed a tear when he realized that not even in the centre for disabled people, she wouldn't get this opportunity without Longtae's help... they keep prioritizing healthy people even in this centre and do not leave any space for people who need it more. The secretary might have been an exception but Yok didn't know her background. Connections also play a big role in the job seeking.

The next day at his faculty, he was supposed to draw again. He was sketching the model in front of him with charcoals but... he drew Longtae this time. The moment he remembered... when he cried. It got stuck in his head as Longtae was really cheerful and optimistic. He didn't lack confidence but Yok could see his weak side and it felt personal to him. He must have gone through a painful story as well and Yok wanted to redrew on his sturdy paper.

"Hey Yok... you are not drawing the same man like the last time." His curious classmate said and he nodded. He felt more connected to Longtae now and felt more safe with him than with UNAR who did not want to show his face to him. Yok saw him without a mask already but UNAR immediately ran away without telling him his name and Yok felt too tired to chase after him again.

"Did it ever happen to you? That your path was crossed by more than one guy?"

"I'm not so lucky as a trans girl but it can happen, definitely." Yok smiled. He took his sketch home to finish it and give it to him on Saturday. Then he drove to the garage again.

Today, they were supposed to press the teeth of a frog toy and hope their idea with be chosen.

"Black, why are you not doing anything? Press it." He was seriously weird. And even more after he began to share a room with Sean. They were avoiding each other as much as they could.

Black wasn't the lucky one, Gram, Yok and Sean either so the next round began. Yok hoped this time he could take the lead... disabled people should get the recognition they deserved and should have protection to not be treated like his mother.

Unfortunately, Black won this round but unexpectedly chose Sean's plan even after avoiding each other. Gram and Yok looked at each other and after others seperated. They could talk in privacy.

"Hey... don't you feel this tension between them? As if they had something going on." Gram looked at him and crossed his hands.

"You wouldn't believe what I found when I came to the garage. They both skipped their classes today and so I wanted to check on them in Sean's room but they were lying naked next to each other."

"No way! Isn't he dating Namo?!" Gram shook his head and looked very upset.

"Eugene didn't deserve this... I thought Black was better now but it's even worse. And Namo... well, Sean didn't ask her out but her feelings for him are real. What they are doing is unfair to both of them and both should either stop or tell girls the truth. They keep having false hopes and the pain will be bigger." Yok slapped both of his cheeks. Honestly, he was mad. They forbid him from dating, especially Sean while he was... it didn't matter.

"So that's why Black chose him. So biased. Do you even want to do it? What Sean wants to do is really personal... I don't like his plan to be honest."

"Me neither but we can't sabotage it. We have to stay together no matter what and I don't want to ruin this just because I'm disappointed with both of them. I don't know how I should talk to Eugene now and man... I felt so bad for kissing her one night, I don't feel guilty anymore." Yok nodded. Those two betrayed more than two people by their relationship.