Prologue

"Daisy, how are preparations doing?" Asked the girl. By voice, one could say she was in her early twenties. She was sitting before the computers or, better said, before the number of screens, her back facing the girl. The girl who had been talked to approached and bowed.

"They are done, my lady." The girl-Daisy-said. Upon hearing the response, the girl turned around and smiled at Daisy, who was still bowing. She reached her hand out and patted her head gently. Daisy remained still until the hand was taken away from her head.

After the hand was withdrawn, Daisy stood up straight and smiled warmly. She handed the file to the girl and took a step back. When the girl received the file, a slight smile formed at the corner of her lips. After waiting for this moment for some long, she struggled to contain her excitement now that everything was ready.

She opened the file and quickly skimmed everything through. She closed the file, satisfied that there were no flaws. "You completed the task faster than I expected, and as always, you did it perfectly." Said the girl proudly. She knew that Daisy was hardworking, but this time, she exceeded expectations.

"Thank you for the compliment, my lady." Daisy cheerfully thanked the girl. Receiving praise from this girl was always cherished by her, considering she rarely received it. After placing this memory in the 'My Lady Praised Me' drawer, she pondered, "With my lady's approval, I would like to commence the project."

The girl turned around and started to write something. When she was done, she called Daisy to come closer. She did it immediately. She was surprised when she saw what was written. She jumped back in shock. "My lady! What... This is too much!"

The girl shook her head and passed her the check. Daisy quickly catches the check, her hand trembling. After all, it was worth over $40,000/€37,072. "My lady... I know I promised I would accept any pay, but... This is way too much. I didn't even do that much!"

As the girl stood up and started to walk out of the room, she suddenly stopped, turned, and spoke warmly to Daisy, "Daisy, keep up the good work and worry not about money. You know I have more than I can spend, so let me spoil you a little." The girl waited some time but left before Daisy could say anything.

Daisy sighed and carefully put it into her pocket. The way her lady expressed it left her with no option but to accept. After she typed something on the screen, she took her leave and slowly headed to the room where her real work would begin.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Luo Binghe and Liu Qingge fight over Shen Qingqiu's dead body. "You little beast!" Yelled Liu Qingge while trying to stab Luo Binghe, who was hugging Shen Qingqiu's body. As a result, Liu Qingge found it quite challenging to engage in combat with complete freedom and strength. Luo Binghe didn't answer him. He only smirked, which made Liu Qingge angrier. Before he could utter a curse, a sudden flash of white light appeared out of nowhere, momentarily blinding them both.

After their sight returned, they realized their surroundings were not what they should be. They found themselves in an unfamiliar room with seats instead of the Huan Hua Palace. And on the other side, there was a big black box. Both of them were very confused, and both thought that this was the other fault/plan.

Liu Qingge glared at Luo Binghe. "Where did you bring us!?" Luo Binghe glared back but didn't say anything. After all, if Liu Qingge thought this was his fault, he obviously didn't know where they were.

Seeing that Luo Binghe wasn't planning to respond and was lost in thoughts, he decided to try and pull a surprise attack. But just as he was about to grab his sword, he froze. After all, Cheng Luan wasn't there. He tried to call it over and over again but without any success. Luo Binghe also realized that Xin Mo wasn't anywhere close, but that wasn't what occupied his mind.