[10]

taehyun doesn't mean to purposely avoid his friends now. but he really doesn't have much of a choice right now, especially considering the fact that their lives are on the line(?) and he doesn't want to put them through any danger. all of them are too sweet to go through anything like this, he wants to protect them at all costs.

but who's there to protect him?

he doesn't get to ask or say anything at all before he's being pounded with so much force, his body shakes with each thrust. taehyun's being pressed against the wall in a bathroom stall, cheek pressed against the cold tiles while his hands clumsily trying to hold onto something.

it was an everyday routine at this point.

geonu had started treating him with little to no care now, only acknowledging his presence when he's in need of something or wanting a form of relief. taehyun's losing himself just to keep geonu together.

taehyun's been restricted from going to hie friends too. he doesn't remember the last time he's talked to them; his best guess would be a week or two. he explicitly remembers kai spamming him texts, how yeonjun asks him what was wrong whenever he sees him and the way soobin gives him such a concerned look. thank goodness they eventually stopped chasing him though. but he especially can't forget how beomgyu called out his name the other day, and he desperately wishes he didn't run away from it.

now, usually, geonu would get changed and leave after feeling satisfied, and taehyun would let him. but this time, things were different.

"hyung...." the brunette called out softly, and his voice was so broken. his boyfriend just responded with a small, absent-minded hum as he got dressed.

"why are you still with me?"

pause.

he turned around, "...what is this bullshit, kang taehyun?"

taehyun inhaled a sharp breath and he didn't even spare a glance at his boyfriend. "you don't even like me."

"of course i do love you, doll." geonu narrowed his eyes. he doesn't like where this is going.

he never thought he'd find himself in this position where he finally confronted his boyfriend, and honestly? he was quite regretting it. "no you don't. why can't we just break up? why are you so damn obsessed with me?!"

"because you remind me of my ex, god damnit!" the older snapped back.

"but you don't even love me," tears brimmed his eyes. "if you really did, you wouldn't be cheating on me or just using me for my body."

geonu's eyes widened, "what? how did you-"

"hyung, let's break up?" he breathed out.

this is for the better, he reminds himself multiple times.

"...no. kang taehyun, listen to me, you little shit." he stepped towards the said bot, getting down to eye-level with him. "whether you like it or not, i want you to fucking stay."

"am i just a replacement for your ex, is that it?! why don't you just go back to him?"

"because he fucking killed himself."

oh.

taehyun fell silent, and he closed his lips. the atmosphere went tense and he didn't want to say anything further to that. sitting against the bare cold floor of the bathroom, he lowered his head and remained still.

"stay with me, doll. i'm not going to lose you when i've already lost him."

"it doesn't explain the way you treat me like shit." he muttered bittersweetly.

because i don't have a need for you, taehyun. you don't satisfy me like my ex does.

"ungrateful bitch."

taehyun stood up, legs weak. despite the pain he was in, he didn't want to deal with this any longer. "this is what i mean."

he looked up at geonu for the first time with a glare, and he didn't hesitate to walk past him and leave him alone in the bathrooms.

"we're not over, kang taehyun."

___________

lectures were over. taehyun didn't know where to go now. one thing was for sure; he was not going back home to geonu. fuck- he didn't even want to think about him.

he stood outside in the rain by the gates, in a trance. what does he even do now? maybe it was a bad idea to go against geonu like that- not because he needs a place to stay or someone to be with, but he feels bad about it all and besides... what if something even worse happens?

suddenly, it had stopped raining very quickly. at least taehyun thought it did. he felt a presence behind and when he turned around, he was stunned to see hueningkai standing next to him with an umbrella over his head. "taehyunie? you'll catch a cold." he spoke softly, however he was expecting to be ignored again as he had been for the past few days.

for a second, taehyun wanted to ignore him and run away. he wasn't even supposed to talk to his friends but...

"sorry." he muttered. he's not going to follow geonu's stupid rules anymore.

kai's eyes immediately lit up when he heard a response. it's been so long since he heard taehyun's voice

"are you waiting for your boyfriend?" he asked, and he sounded somewhat happier.

taehyun bit his lip. "ah... no? i-i was just- uh..." he trailed off. his mind wandered, and he couldn't tell why kai was still being so nice even after he ignored him.

"i'll walk you h-"

he quickly cut him off, "no!" the younger raised a brow. "i-i mean- no... i don't want to go home."

"how come?" taehyun quietly cussed. he wishes hueningkai would stop asking questions.

"he, uh... he's mad at me." he mumbled, but the blonde didn't buy it. "we had a quarrel." he added.

"what happened?"

"l-look, uh... enough with the questions, uhm... you should go home-"

"not unless you go home too!" he pouted cutely.

taehyun swallowed dry. he doesn't know what to do; he really can't go home right now, and he's more concerned about kai currently. the two stood next to each other in silence, nothing but the sound of rain crashing the ground.

the taller huffed when the other wouldn't speak. without any thought, he grabbed taehyun's arm and pulled him along.

"wha- where are you going?"

"my dorm!"

___________

a/n :
fun fact this was drafted to be beomgyu instead of kai!! but i changed it cause i had different ideas lolol maybe it sounds a bit weird and unlike kai😭