Modern AU Headcanons

Sorry a lot of these are super long, I got sort of carried away...

1. Her mother died in a house fire when she was ten. She never met her father. She ran away, was found living in the streets eight months later, and was turned over to Foster Care. She moved through thirteen homes before reluctantly finding herself warming up to her newest foster parents, Sarah and Nate. They adopted her one year after she moved in with them.

2. Anadil's parents are incredibly wealthy and she lives in a massive estate on the edge of town. She doesn't get along well with her familly at all, most of which is due to everything about her being unconventional. Her mother's always trying to get her to dye her hair, things like that. They don't know she's a lesbian yet, and she fears the day they find out.

3. When Hester was sixteen, she found a stray german shephard dog tied to a pole in an empty parking lot. It's pouring and he's soaked. She uses her switchblade (which she's totally not supposed to have) to cut him lose, and he follows her home. She's ready to physically fight her foster parents (Sarah and Nate) if they don't let her keep him, but Sarah takes one look and asks if she wants to go get him a collar. Hester names him Demon, and he's hostile to everyone but her, Sarah, and to no one's surprise, Anadil.

4. Anadil has her three rats, obviously. She's had them since she was eight when she heard her parents talking about putting rat traps down. She secretly searches the house to find them. She locates three, and after that they're inseperable. She names them Poe, Lovecraft, and King. She's gotten detention a few times for sneaking them into school. Her mother is repulsed by them.

5. Anadil wears noise cancelling headphones a lot of the time, because she's easily overwhelmed by loud sounds.

6. Hester somehow got a spot on the school baseball team despite them never accepting girls. She's the best pitcher the schools seen. (This was inspired by some amazing fanart I saw of the coven wearing baseball uniforms.)

7. The school's orchestra teacher, Professor Anemone, tries depserately to get Anadil on their orchestra, as she's an incredibly talented violinist. She keeps refusing, mostly just for the disappointed look she recieves when she tells them no.

8. Hester is an incredibly good student, and seems to do it effortlessly. Most people assume she's struggling academically, but she's one of the kids who teachers want to tutor other students. (She doesn't do that, but will begrudgingly help Dot with math)

9. Ani's grades are less impressive. She's very clever and good at taking in information, but never seems to apply herself in school. She is notoriously bad at gym, mostly because she often zones out and stares into empty space, only to get hit in the head with the ball. She was always chosen last for teams, until Hester got there and chose her on the first day, much to everyone's shock. She's actually very fast, she just doesn't apply herself to most physical activities. Her best activity is the Pacer.

10. Typically dresses in band t-shirts, jeans, combat boots, and a leather jacket that belonged to her mother. She's got a number of threatening tattoos that she definitely wasn't supposed to get, and always wears black lipstick.

11. Anadil is happiest in oversized sweatshirts and leggings, but her wardrobe is chosen by her mother. Because of this she usually wears expensive dresses and jewelry. Her mom at least buys most of them in black (a small mercy for Anadil)

12. Hester gave Anadil a girl in red hoodie that she now wears to bed every night. She does hide it from her mother, but she was overjoyed when Hester gave it to her.

13. Hester's hair goes just past her shoulders, and is cut in a way that looks totally botched but somehow attractive. She dyes red streaks in it herself, redoing them every other month. Anadil's hair is long (down to her waist) and she always wears it down.