Movie Night

Movie Night

"We're not watching Ratatouille, just so you know." Hester grumbled, running her fingers through her hair. Anadil, who had been resting her head on Hester's shoulder, sat up and turned to look at her. Hester silently mourned the loss of contact, but maintained her frown.

"How come? It's a masterpiece!" Anadil asked, incredulous.

"Because I've had it up to here with that rat. He can cook, get over it." Hester teased. She didn't exactly mean it, but it was funny to get a reaction out of Ani, who was scowling at her.

"Alright, your majesty, what do you want to watch?" Anadil asked sarcastically.

"The Exorcist. I need a comfort movie, especially after that glitter incident." Hester responded.

"Ratatouille is a comfort movie, Hester. The Exorcist is a horror film. An excellent horror film, but horror nonetheless." Anadil responded, as her rats stole pieces of popcorn from their bowl.

"Well I don't want vermin chefs, okay?" Hester asked, pushing a rat off the rim of the bowl.

"I don't want posessed children!" Anadil responded, catching said rat in her palm.

Dot walked in to see her friends in the middle of what appeared to be an incredibly heated staring contest. Anadil was holding her rats protectively, and Hester had the popcorn bowl.

"Okay wait, let me guess..." Dot started, watching as they both turned to her.

"Ani wants to watch Ratatouille?"

Hester nodded. She leaned back against their couch, and raised an eyebrow while she waited for Anadil to respond.

"Don't call me Ani." Anadil replied, refusing to confirm the guess.

Dot ignored the request and continued. "And Hester wants to watch either The Exorcist or It?"

Hester nodded again, and Ani stayed silent.

"I have a compromise. I propose that we watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. There are technically rats, and it's totally creepy." Dot declared.

"The rat gets turned into a hat. But fine." Anadil grumbled, with her rats giving her a betrayed look.

"I'll take it." Hester said, and moved the popcorn bowl back between them.

One hour later...

"Ani, are you crying about the rat hat?" Hester asked, looking down at Anadil, whose head had returned to Hester's shoulder.

"No. I would never." Anadil said, voice breaking on the last word.

Sorry that was so short, I mostly just wrote it for fun. Ratatouille is probably my favorite movie, I like the idea that Ani would enjoy it.