Chapter 3 (Sarah)

Art by icipici on Deviant Art

Sarah was sketching the fire girl again. This time, she was in the middle of nowhere shooting flames into the sky. Sarah didn't even know who this girl was! There was no detail on her, and she was always facing the other way or enveloped in too much fire for fine details. Yet, this was the second time Sarah had drawn her. She hadn't even been trying to draw that. She'd gone into it thinking about a frozen lake in the mountains and ended up with fire. So. Much. Fire. 

At least her mom worked an early shift today. She'd be home by three o'clock. Since it was Saturday, Sarah bounced between just sitting and binge-watching Netflix, sketching (which resulted in just more fire), and reading. Her current book was called Double or Nothing. It was about a bunch of people with magic trying to get more magic, but if they fail they lose all their magic. Competition style! It was a fun read.

A/N I completely made that book up it's not real. At least this version of the book is not real. Obviously there are books out there with that title but this specific book is made up.

Suddenly, her mom burst through the door at 2:30.

"Mom!" Sarah shouted, "You're early."

"We need to go. Now."

"Not again," Sarah groaned, "We've only been living here for two months! Why do we have to move."

"It's not safe," her mother mumbled as she rummaged through her stuff, frantically packing. Her mother was a kind woman with dark hair and hazel eyes like Sarah's.

"What do you mean it's not safe!" Sarah cried.

"Sarah."

Her mother grabbed her by the shoulders.

"I need you to trust me."

Sarah sighed in defeat and started to pack up her stuff.

"Mom, we're literally in the middle of nowhere."

Their car rumbled on the dirt road up to the small cabin. It was situated in the middle of the forest far outside of civilization.

"Speculator is only half an hour away," her mom replied.

"Speculator is tiny! That barely counts as a town!" Sarah argued, "and Kingston is almost three hours."

"This is only until I can finish making arrangements." Her mom stated, ending the conversation.

What arrangments require living in a cabin and having to skip school? Sarah thought as she glumly stared out the window. She was just starting to make friends.

It took under ten minutes to unload their stuff. A lot of stuff was left in Kingston. Then, Sarah's mom left to go make "arrangments" leaving Sarah alone in the stuffy cabin. Hours flew by and her mom returned, refusing to speak about what happened.

Short chapter. IK. The next chapter is just a big important one.