Chapter 6

Taylor's pov

It was game day today and I was beyond nervous. Everyone tried keeping me calm, we were currently on the bus heading to the stadium. I left school after 6th period, since 7th was soccer, I didn't want to chance being late.

"You ready kiddo?" Asks Alex

"I hope so." I say

The drive to the stadium was fairly quiet, some people were talking to each other and others were in their own world preparing for the game. Once we get there, we all slowly exit the bus, since we were all at the end of the bus we were the last people to get off.

"Just follow me." Says Alex

There were a bunch of fans waiting outside and It only got louder when Alex got off the bus. I follow Alex into the tunnel and we head inside to get changed. We got warmed up before heading back inside. Starters got announced and I was told I would be going in sometime in the second half.

Soon enough It was time to head out onto the pitch. We were lined up on one side and Japan was lined up on the other.

We head out onto the pitch and get lined up before both Anthems are played. Once they were finished, starters got in their position and the rest of us were seated on the chairs.

By half time the score was 2-1 with Alex scoring our two goals. We get back from half time and Alex scored a 3rd goal making It 3-1, Megan scored in the 66th minute. Japan ended up scoring 4 minutes later in the 70th minute.

"Taylor, you're up." Says Jill

I get up and take my vest off before heading over to the 4th official. They grab the number board and raise It once the play stops. I was going in for Megan.

Megan claps and walks off the field giving me a quick hug before I run out onto the pitch. The game was quick to start again. I realized my entire team from school was there, including my coach! I couldn't help but smile seeing them.

We ended up getting a corner inn the 88th minute and Tobin took It, the cross went flying over everyone and I managed to head It in the back of the net.

I ran to the corner of where they were seated and did a knee slide. The rest of the team ran over and patted my head and hugged me.

I only got slide tackled once, the second time I was able to jump over them. The final whistle blew and the game ended 5-2.

Hope ran over and picked me up. A lot of the team was happy for me, not only me getting my first cap but also scoring my first goal.

"Tay you're wanted for an interview. Don't worry I'll be with you." Says Alex

We both head over to the commentators. We both get handed mics. They ask Alex a few questions to Alex before turning to me.

"Taylor, congratulations on your first cap and first goal for your country how does It feel playing for your country?" Asks the girl

"Thank you, It feels amazing, it's been a long time goal and dream of mine to play with the best of the best and i'm happy I ,could help make a difference." I say

"With you only being 15, has anyone taken you under their wing to help with the pressure?" She asks

"Yeah, the team and training staff have been amazing, Alex and Hope especially have taken me under their wings." I say

"Scoring your first goal on your first cap, such an amazing accomplishment. How did It feel and what was going through your mind when that ball hit the back of the net?" She asks

"I mean you always wanna score, no matter the score at the time. I wasn't expecting to score on my first cap but I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and I have amazing teammates and coaching staff to thank."  I say