Chapter 3 - Ignorance

Over the past couple of weeks I tried to create some distance between me and Yeo-Sang. I made sure that we were never alone. Ever. So nothing really happened.
And that was the problem. I'm talking about Han-Seok and I. He has been ignoring me. Not like he was doing it on purpose, because he was angry at me or something. No. More like him being distracted or maybe something was bothering him. But if I hated one thing, it was being ignored by Han-Seok. When it came to him I was an attention wh*re. I needed to be the center of his attention at all times. That was the reason I decided to take advantage of Yeo-Sang's interest in me. Maybe this will bring Han-Seok's focus back on me.

"Yes?" It didn't take long for Han-Seok to answer my call.
"Could you come to my office? I want to go over the case files of the kidnapping with you and Yeo-Sang."
"What do we need him for?"
"Because I asked him to skim through the files again and see if he could find something that doesn't add up."
"Alright. Be right there."
After hanging up, I stepped out of my office. "Yeo-Sang?" His head snapped in my direction. "Let's go over the files of the Walters case once more." He jumped out of his seat, gathered everything he needed and hurried into my office.
"Have a seat", I said and gestured towards the lounge chairs. "My husband will join us shortly." Yeo-Sang's eager smile instantly faltered.
As him and I spread out everything on the table, Han-Seok stepped in.
"Honey, there you are. Come on, sit down." Then we went through the documents and files to come up with a game plan.

After what seemed like an eternity I checked my watch.
"Oh wow. It's already late. I think we should call it quits."
Han-Seok also checked the time. "Good idea. I'm tired as h*ll."
"Oh, if you're so tired than go ahead. Yeo-Sang and I will finish up."
"No, it's okay. I can help."
"I thought you were tired? So you go ahead while we finish up by ourselved. I'll see you at home", I said with a polite smile.
"I can wait for you in the car."
"No, it's okay. But get a cab. I don't want you driving while being this tired."
"Nonsense -" He stopped as soon as he saw my face, which probably looked angry in that moment. "Fine", he then reluctantly agreed.
"Good night, Mr. Park", Yeo-Sang chimed in, causing Han-Seok to turn around and just glare at him.
"Yeo-Sang, that was real good work today", I praised him, totally ignoring my "husband".
"Sweetheart, I'm gonna wait in the car. You can drive if you want to", Han-Seok interrupted with false friendliness.
"If you think so, honey." I matched his attitude. When I looked up at him, I saw this oh so familiar glint in his eyes. It could mean two things:
Nr. 1: Rough s*x in the car or Nr. 2: Us both holding a knife at each others throats, followed by angry make-up s*x.
Either way, my sick self looked forward to either.
After some intense staring, Han-Seok looked back at Yeo-Sang, then turned around an walked down the hallway with big strides. As I looked after my infuriated "husband" my train of thought got interrupted by chuckling, coming from beside me. Oh right. Yeo-Sang. I almost forgot that he was still there.
I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Sorry, Mrs. Park. But if I didn't know any better, I would say that Mr. Park is jealous of me being alone with you." He was really observant.
His expression then changed from amused to serious.
"It's not like he had any reason to be jealous." His eyes moved down to my lips. "Right, Mrs. Park?" My breathing started to pick up. Somehow he made me nervous.
"Right", I said with a, what I hoped, strong voice.
Yeo-Sang moved closer. "I mean, we are not doing anything forbidden." He kept leaning in. "Right? Ahri."
I found myself being unable to move. Like a little girl, that anticipated her first kiss. Just stupid.
Yeo-Sang's face kept inching closer and when I thought he would kiss me, he turned his head a little to whisper in my ear.

It was only three little words. But those caused me to wake up from my trance and completly snap.