Chapter 4 - Vincenzo Says Hi

"Vincenzo says 'Hi'" That was all Yeo-Sang managed to say, before he was on the floor, with me on top of him, pinning him down.
"What do you want?" I punched him in the face. "Did he send you?" Another punch in the face. "Are you here to k*ll us?" As I was going for the third punch, Yeo-Sang caught my arm and flipped us around. Now he was on top of me.
"If I knew that mentioning his name would get us being this close, I would have said something sooner", he said with a sly smile, while whiping blood from his lips. Meanwhile I targeted his throat with my free hand, but he caught that one too and pinned both my arms to the floor. And again his face approached mine.
"I like a woman who can fight", he purred. I just waited for him to get close enough, so I could head butt him. Ignoring the intense pain in my skull, I pushed him off, trying to reach my desk.
"Watch the pretty face, gorgeous", he said while laughing.
"Don't worry. Your face will be fine", I retorted.
"Thank you. But I'm not talking about mine." After he turned around, he looked straight into the barrel of my gun.

" After he turned around, he looked straight into the barrel of my gun

"Not fair. I didn't bring mine", he said with a pout. Then he looked down at his crotch and back up at me with a lewd smile. "Well, the one I could k*ll you with, of course.
„Of course", I replied dryly. "Stop that nonsense. I want answers. Now."
"Yes. I want to f*ck you. I think that you are hot. I just started here in the hopes of getting you in my bed-"
"Ya! Stop f*cking around!"
"But why? I was getting ready to rip my clothes off." Again that stupid pout.
"What do you want? Did Vincenzo send you?"
"So it's true."
"What is?"
"You are the one that got away. You were targeted by Vincenzo and you got away. Fascinating. You know, no one managed to do that before."
"What do you know?" I forced myself to sound calm, although a storm raged inside of me. A whirlwind of questions clouding my mind: How did he know about me? How did he find me? Are there more people who know? Did Vincenzo sent a whole entire army after me? And more importantly: Did Vincenzo already know where I was?
"I would have never thought ..." My focus shifted back to Yeo-Sang, staring at me intently. "... that you're scared of him."
I started laughing, which sounded a little too shrill, thanks to me being nervous. "Me? Scared of Vincenzo? Please. Don't embarrass yourself."
"Whatever you say. Su-Mi"
"I'm not scared of Vincenzo!" I felt the anger rising, while Yeo-Sang just kept smiling. My mind was still so occupied with thoughts of Vincenzo and the questions that arose, that I didn't even realize it at first. But when I did, I felt the blood draining from my face.
"What did you just say?", I asked in disbelief.
"Whatever you say."
"No. What did you just call me?"
"Oh, you mean your name? Isn't that your name? Su-Mi?"
"How do you know my name?"
"Oh baby, I know a lot about you and your so called husband. Jang Han-Seok." When he mentioned Han-Seok's name I lost it again and struck him with the gun. Right in his smug face. He was on the floor, laughing. Maniac.

 Maniac

"Ok. I'm gonna let that slide. But only because I know better than to fight you. H*ll, you would probably kick my *ss." He looked up at me, still pointing the gun at him. "Ok, I get it. Han-Seok is a sensitive subject, so I'm gonna leave him out. Alright?" I didn't respond. "Hey, what if I sit down and we talk? Just you and me. No fighting, no guns." He waited for my answer. "What do you say, georgous?"
"Only if you stop kissing up my *ss."
"Done." He slowly got up from the floor and walked over to one of the chairs, while I leaned against my desk.
"Talk."
"Are you always this bossy? Like in the bedroom? I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: I'm totally into it." He quickly stopped as I picked up my gun again, which I had placed on the desk next to me, and pointed it at his forehead.
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Alright? Let's talk." I put it back and waited. "Don't you wanna ask me something?"
"Did Vincenzo send you here?"
"Yes and no."
"Could you be a little more confusing? Otherwise I might be even able to follow your statement", I replied sarcastically.
"He initially wanted me to go look for you. I worked with him in the Mafia a couple times."
"Weird. I've never seen you before? And I think I would remember if I've ever did."
"Why? Because you think I'm hot?", he said with a mischievous grin, to which I just rolled my eyes in annoyance. "In case you are referring to Paolo, Vincenzo's and my relationship dates way back. Before you started working jobs for him." I nodded in understanding.
"Where was I? Ah, right. Anyways. Because him and I were business partners, he knew that I'm good at finding people, so one day he came up to me and told me about the one that got away and asked me to help him look for you."
"So what now? Did you already tell him? Is he on his way?"
"No. I didn't tell him anything." My eyebrows shot up in surprise.
"Why not?"
"Because I like you so much", he said with a smirk. As he saw me not being humored, he kept talking. "Someone paid me not to."
"Who?"
"This I really can't tell you."
"Na-Ri?"
"No. But you're getting warmer. It's someone that has a soft spot for you." Yeo-Sang looked at me expactantly.
"Han-Seo", I whispered more to myself.
"Like I said. I can't tell you", he said while winking at me. "Well, now that I kind of turned against Vincezo, I have to hide from him as well. So I thought, why not stick with the one that mananged to stay hidden from him for years now."
"That's the reason for the assistant job?"
"That and because you are totally hot." I rolled my eyes. "Hey? You think your "husband" would mind if we would do it here in the office real quick?"
I've had enough. All that talk about Vincenzo already made me mad and that was the last straw. I reached back for my old friend, the letter opener, stepped behind Yeo-Sang and held it against his throat.
"I don't know about him, but I would."
"Am I interrupting something?"

""Am I interrupting something?"