Chapter 7 - Betrayal and Other Discrepancies

A couple weeks went by after the incident with Peterson. With the list of names he gave us, we eliminated every spy of Vincenzo's. This guy was relentless. The bodies just keep piling up. Han-Seok and I were trying to look for a solution and the only reasonable thing I always came back to was eventually k*lling him. But I didn't want to.
Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by my phone. An unknown number. First I was hesitant to pick up, considering what was going on, but then decided to answer it anyways.
"Hello?"
"Su-Mi?" I couldn't believe who's voice I heard at the other end of the line. "Na-Ri?"
"Listen, I don't have much time. You need to be careful. Vincenzo is hot on your tale. He sent out a lot of people to look for you all over the world. He's using all of the Cassano Family resources. He knows that you are somewhere in New York and he's gonna board a plane tonight to go look for you himself. You need to leave!"
"Hold on a second. What?"
"Su-Mi, do you get what I'm saying? You need to leave! Now!"
"Na-Ri, slow down."
"I love you, Su-Mi." The call ended there. After staring at the phone in my hands for a couple more minutes I shot up from my chair and ran to Han-Seok's office. Bursting through the door, not caring to knock.
"We need to leave. Now."
"What is going on? I just saw you run in here, like a mad woman", Yeo-Sang asked behind me. Han-Seok immediately new what was up.
"How do you know?"
"Na-Ri. She just called and told me that Vincenzo is on his way. We need to go. Now."
"Oh shit. Can I help?", Yeo-Sang chimed in.
"You're coming with us", I said.
"The h*ll he will."
"Han-Seok, he can still help us. Plus, he's running from him now as well. So he's coming with us. End of discussion."
"He doesn't have an emergency kit." That was code for a bag with things we need when we had to leave immediately. Fake ID, fake passport, money, clothes etc.
"Then call your guy. And tell him to work fast. And that I need a burner phone."
"For what?"
"I'm gonna call Vincenzo", I said matter of factly.
"Either you are crazy, or I'm gonna hear about the most brilliant plan ever", Yeo-Sang said.
"When we are on our way I'm gonna call him and ask him to meet me."
"She is crazy", he said to Han-Seok.
"Just him and me. In a public place. I'm gonna try and settle this once and for all."
"This could have all been over with, if you weren't so weak and would have k*lled him when you had the chance while he still trusted you", Han-Seok replied angrily.
"Weak? You're calling me weak?" I slowly walked closer to him. "If you don't watch how you talk to me -"
"Then what?", he replied with a challenging look.
"Then I'm leaving with Yeo-Sang and point Vincenzo right to you. Let's see how you do on your own." After we stared at each other a couple more minutes, he finally gave in.
"Fine. We do it your way. Call him on the road. I'm gonna get you the phone and Yeo-Sang's new ID and passport. We'll meet here tomorrow morning."
"Alright. And boss?" Yeo-Sang looked at me. "Thank you."
"Don't thank me yet."

The next day Han-Seok and I met up at the office with Yeo-Sang as agreed.
"You're here", I said to Yeo-Sang.
"You sound surprised."
"Can you blame me?"
"Guess not."
"Ok, so, here is your ID -" Han-Seok handed him his fake ID.
"Kim Jun?"
"What's wrong with that?", he asked with a raised eyebrow.
"It sounds like I'm a woman."
"Listen. You can be glad that I'm even bothering, so be a little more thankful." As Yeo-Sang kept quiet Han-Seok continued. "Here is yours." He handed me my ID. Seo Yoo-Na. "Aw, that's a pretty name. What's yours?", I asked Han-Seok. "Seo Woo-Jin."
"Are we married again?", I asked with a smile.
"No. We're siblings." My smile faltered. Han-Seok started to laugh. "Of course we're married again. Here is your phone. Let's go everyone."

We have been driving for a couple hours already and were taking a break in Virginia.