Chapter Thirty One

June 6th, 2028

Dr. Hayley Wisteria watched from the protected room in Radiology as Analise Van Horn went into the MRI. "How are you doing, Analise?" She asked her through the microphone, the radiology worker seemingly oblivious as he watched the screen.

"I'm not claustrophobic, and I've been pumped full of pain meds, so good." Dr. Analise Van Horn replied. "Although I don't think that the inside of this machine is supposed to be neon green, so that could be a tiny problem."

Hayley laughed. "Yeah, that might be the drugs."

"How are Ben and Elias?"

"Ben's currently at his apartment with Claire, from a text he just sent me an hour ago, apparently they're making dozens of calls to avoid some type of crisis. He only got a flesh wound. Elias... I haven't talked to him since yesterday."

"How was he acting?"

"Like he was about to explode."

Analise sighed. "This would be about why we need Parker back as soon as possible."

"Yeah." Hayley agreed. "Even I miss her."

Analise didn't reply before the scans came up. "Scans, give us a second." Hayley reported.

"No problem."

Hayley smiled and basically zoned out until the radiology worker shoved her shoulder and pointed out something on the scan.

At first she saw nothing, then she registered what the guy had pointed at. She turned the com back on."Analise, are you aware that you, you..."

"That I'm a hermaphrodite?" Analise said calmly. "Hayley I've known since I was seven."

"Why didn't you get one of them removed?"

"My parents didn't do that when I was an infant since I couldn't consent, and it is no danger to my health, so I see no reason to."

"So I shouldn't tell Elias?"

"He'll want to cut me up, so no."

Hayley smiled reassuringly. "Well, everything else looks good. I'll have to take this to a resident, but I think you might be getting released by morning."

"Hooray."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Skinwalker circled back over the human town as soon as the human town as soon as the sun had set.

The doors to every house were locked, but they'd foolishly left the windows open.