Chapter Seven

Chloe opened the door to Melody's and Rose's room and saw Melody standing over the bed, a huge black suitcase in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked her.

Melody turned around. "I'm leaving."

"What?" She looked at her daughter, confused. "Why? Where?"

"I can't stay here." The former assassin said. "Rose is dead-"

"We don't know that."

Melody ignored her. "Rose is dead and you all feel sorry for me. I can't stay in a place where everyone pities me." She turned around and pushed what looked like a bundle of photos into the bag. "I'm leaving in an hour."

"Where will you go?"

"Switzerland."

Chloe looked closer at her daughter and saw something that scared her.

Melody's hair was once again bleached blond, and once again she was wearing black.

"You can't go to Switzerland."

"You can't stop me."

"I'm your mother."

"And I'm a legal adult."

--------------------

October 13th 2027

Chloe knocked on the door to Ben's room. "Wake up, Braeden!"

There was a groan from inside, then Claire's voice. "What do you want, Clo?"

"I'm not going to hurt your idiot boyfriend." Chloe snapped. "Melody is gone."

She heard steps coming up to the door and Claire threw it open. Ben was sitting a few yards away, strapping on his fake leg.

"Where the hell did she go?"

"Switzerland." The nephilim answered. "She wouldn't let me stop her."

"Goddamit." Claire swore.

"You can find her, right, Claire?" Ben asked. He was standing up.

"No. She'll be hiding too well." The archangel pushed past Chloe. "Ben, you go check on your doctor friends to make sure they didn't murder eachother or anyone else. Chloe, go wake everyone up and tell Jesse."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm calling Raphael and Penryn and I'm talking to Celeste about making Ben a new leg."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Penryn heard Raffe's phone ring on the devider between the two front seats of their car.

"I'll get it, you're driving." She said quickly, picking up the device and turning on speaker phone. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Penryn?"

"Hey, Claire." She greeted.

"Is Raphael there?"

"I'm here." Raffe said without taking his eyes off the road. He hadn't even had time to change out of his scrubs before they left. "Why are you calling?"

"How quickly can you get to St. Louis?"

"We're already on our way. " Raffe said. "Pen and I heard about what happened. We should be there in four hours."

"Okay." Claire's voice said. "Be prepared to help Cel with a surgical thing."

Then the other archangel hung up on them.