Chapter 4

Maya POV
••••••••••••••••••••••

Ms.Kesha got us all back to my house.

We were chillin in the living room and I was playing with Malachi. I was trying to get him to walk.

"Come on bubba. I know you can." He giggled and stood up, but fell and started crawling again.

"Man bump this," I laughed. He crawled back over to me and said something that made me freeze.

"Ma-ma," he cooed. He looked at me, smiling with his few little teeth in his mouth.

"Mama," he said again.

By that time there were tears in my eyes.

When he's older I need to make sure he knows I'm just his sister.

But how can I tell him that?

Ashanti POV
••••••••••••••••

Maya was so zoned out she didn't hear me calling her.

"Maya!"

"Huh? Oh my bad."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Never paying attention."

She giggled. "Sorry."

"So can we really stay over?" I asked.

"Yea and as long as you want."

Dee sighed. "I can't....I mean...I shouldn't-"

I interrupted. "Dee its not safe for you right now to go anywhere else...for a while actually."

"Yea at least until Ms.Kesha takes care of this situation." Maya added.

"Ok," Dee said softly. We had a group hug to try and make Dee feel better. She giggled when we started to squeeze her tighter.

"Ok ok I can't breathe," Dee squealed. We all fell down and laughed.

"Ok yall I'm gonna go out and...handle this. I'll probably be back when yall are sleep." Ms.Kesha said.

"Bye," we all said in unison. She left.

I picked up Malachi and tickled him.

"Hey bubba. Don't you recognize you auntie?"

He squealed. "Girl put my baby down," Maya laughed. "He's never gonna learn to walk."

"Girl chill he's not even 1 yet." I said

"I'm gonna go lay down in the guest room." Dee said quietly. We hugged her again.

"It's ok Dee. You're safe now." Maya said patting her back.

"We'll come and check on you in a little bit." I added. Dee nodded and went upstairs.

"Hey Shanti can...I ask you something?" Maya said.

"Sure" I said.

"How did you already guess Ethan today at school?" I gulped.

Ms.Kesha POV
••••••••••••••••

I was about to walk in the police station when somebody covered my mouth with a towel. "You thought you could take her away from me? Guess again bitch. Now yall both mine." Before I could scream I blacked out.

Maya POV
••••••••••••••••

I heard her gulp. "You knew. Didn't you ?"

She nodded slowly. Hot tears filled my eyes.

"Are you kidding me?!" I semi yelled. "I know this isn't about me but that hurts man. Why would you keep that from me?! What about Dee? That sicko could've raped her or even killed her! Have you seen those cuts and bruises on her?!"

"I'm sorry ok?" Shanti said. " I just...I don't know. Maybe that hoe deserved it," she mumbled that last part.

"What did you just say?" I said angrily.

"You heard me. I'm tired of everything being about yall." she said

"You're kidding right? This ain't bout yo petty little problems. What problems could you possibly have? You have both your wealthy parents who love you!" I screamed at her.

"What happened to you Shanti? It's like I don't even know you anymore."

"Maybe you don't trick. You or that pathetic hoe."

"Call me or Dee one more name and-matter fact, get tf out my house."

"My pleasure. I might be moving anyway so whatever." She left.

I picked up Malachi and put him in his crib in his room.

I went to my room, plugged in my beats and cried.

I can't believe I just lost my bestfriend like this.

***********************************
Wessup✌🏾️update completed✏️✔️tell me what you think👌🏾excuse any mistakes😇

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW MAYBE?
NO GHOST READERS ALLOWED🚫

What happened to Ms.Kesha?
Who got her?
Is Dee ok?
Why would Shanti say that?

Much Love💚