Chapter 7

Maya POV
••••••••••••••

I froze at the sound of his voice.
"That's right hoe. Why don't you bring Dee back to daddy hmm? I'm getting bored with just Kesha here."

"I swear to God if you lay a finger on my mo-...her I will kill you!" I screamed into the phone. He laughed harshly.

"Bring Dee back bitch and you got a deal." The line went dead. I turned around to see Dee with tears in her eyes.

"I gotta go back Maya," she said "otherwise this will keep happening."

I looked at her like she was coo-coo for cocoa puffs. I took Malachi out of her arms. "Nigga I don't give a flying fruit loop you ARE NOT going back to Ethan. EVER. We are gonna handle this. Come on." We walked out of the mall and got a taxi home.
.
.
.
The next day...
.
.
.

Me and Dee went to the police and we devised a plan to save Ms.Kesha. Only thing is me and Dee are bait and I'm slick terrified of this dude. What if the police don't come in quick enough and he does something to us? I tried not to worry because the police were staying close to us at all times now. But you always have that feeling....

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Dee flinched. "It's ok Dee I got it. Go check on Malachi and see if he woke up." She nodded and went upstairs.

I tip-tied to the door. Before I could say who is it, I heard sniffling. I opened the door to see an adorable little girl crying softly. I looked around and saw a car speed off. I took her inside and sat her down.  "Cutie pie why are you crying? And what's your name?" I asked.

She sniffed. "My name is Niqari Wanae Emmerson. And I want my mommy. But she went bye bye." She started crying again. Wait a minute...did she say Emmerson?

"Niqari what's your mommy's first name?"

"Kesha," she said softly.

Oh my God. Ms.Kesha has a daughter?!

"How old are you munchkin?"

She held up 3 fingers. "I'm thwee. I'm gonna be fowr on June 5th."

"Ok Niqari. You can stay with me until we find your mommy ok? But there is somebody I want you to meet." Just as I said that Dee came downstairs with Malachi in her arms. "Dee this is Niqari. She was at the door."

Dee came and hugged her. "You are so adorable!" Niqari giggled. "This is Malachi," Dee said putting him down. Niqari smiled. "Baby!" She got on the ground and played and hugged him. Malachi just giggled the whole time.

"What are we gonna do?" I said. "Did you know that Ms.Kesha had a daughter?!" Dee gasped.

"Hecks to the nah! Even more reason to get her out of that hell-" I covered her mouth.

"Are you dumb nigga? Her daughter is right there! We just gotta keep her safe until we get Ms.Kesha back," I whispered.

I heard someone's stomach growl. I looked at Dee and she shook her head.

"Niqari was that you?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm weally hungwee. I no eat since yesterday." She said softly. I shook my head. She had a little Minnie Mouse bag on her back. "Can I see your bag?" She nodded and handed it to me.

Inside were a few pair of her underwear, some jeans, a shirt and some socks and a pair of Jordan's. I saw a piece of paper and put it in my back pocket. I'll read it later.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
A few hours later...
*
*
*
*
*

By 9:30 Niqari and Malachi were fed, washed, and sleeping in my room. I rolled his crib in my room. Niqari was sleeping in her underwear and one of my t-shirts so it looked like a gown on her. It was now almost mid-night and me and Dee were just quietly chatting on my bed.

"This is crazy man. I just....don't even know how you could have dealt with all this," I told Dee honestly. Dee shook her head.

"I don't know either. I've never met my mom but Ethan wasn't always like that. I mean he always neglected me but he wasn't always...physically abusive."

I just shook my head. "Come on let's try and get some sleep."

We both got under my covers next to Niqari and soon fell asleep.

***********************************

Heyy✌🏾️kind of a filler chapter😪but yall not even ready for this next one I know😏lol just get ready😎

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow me(?)

Ms.Kesha and Caleb in MM!!

Ms. Kesha has a daughter???
Isn't Niqari cute?! (Thanks for the name Nasia lol)
Are the police gonna help?
Dee was about to go back(with her dumb ahh)

Much Love💖