Chapter Twenty-one

Y/n Pov.

"I'm so glad that you're back here y/n" Elijah said to me. I looked at him and stared at him disappointed.

"For you being my best friend you have the decency to tell Damon that I was having his child. You know what would happen if that information got to the wrong person?" I asked him, looking at him, I got up from the chair I was sitting on and walked into the kitchen and Elijah followed me there.

"What was I supposed to do y/n I was just letting him know since we all were here when Bonnie told us the news" he told me.

"I was going to tell him myself, okay but now I'm here back where I'm far away from my mates you know how hurt I am now" I asked him.

"Then why did you come back?" he asked me.

"Well-

One weeks before

"Are you crazy?" Jasper said to Damon. He grabbed me from the bed and pulled me towards him. I was thinking why Damon would even suggest that.

"Well think about it she has family there that would protect her, not that you not doing a good job at that" he said.

"I'm giving birth in two weeks. I can't be away from jasper or Alice" I said to Damon looking in Alice eyes and I saw worry in them. I went to her and hugged her.

'You're not going with him, are you?' I heard her say I looked at her and shook my head.

"Well think about this y/n, they won't know where to find you if you went with Damon, but Damon is the father of the other child." Carlisle said to me. I looked at him shocked that he would say that.

"But what about Jasper and Alice, will you guys come with me?" I asked them, still holding on to Alice. Jasper walked towards us and put his arms around both of us.

"Of cor-" he was cut off.

"I don't think that's a good idea" said Damon, we all looked at him.

"And why is that?" Jasper asked him, walking towards him. Damon looked at him and walked towards him all well.

"I just don't want her to get hurt, that's all," Damon said to jasper. They were staring at each other silently challenging each other.

"I think y/n going back with Damon by herself is a good idea" Carlisle said.

Back to the present

"Do you think I made the right decision?" I asked Elijah. I looked down at my belly rubbing it. I walked to the kitchen fridge and grabbed a blood bag.

"y/n love it was a good idea you came back" I heard Klaus walking in the kitchen and towards me.

"When did you get here?" Elijah asked Klaus while he was sitting in the kitchen island.

"I was here the whole time" he said, and he grabbed my hand. "If you were there, love what would have happened if you would've got hurt?" he asked me.

"I had Jasper and my brother there; I wouldn't get hurt" I said to him slowly moving my hand from him. We heard someone knock on the door. We all walked through the living room and towards the door and Klaus opened it. We saw Damon and Stefan there.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, and Damon ignored my question and walked towards me and hugged me tightly.

"What's wrong, why are you hugging me so tight?" I asked him and pulled out the hug.

"You haven't heard?" Stefan, Damon looked at him and told him not to tell me.

"Tell me what?" I asked, Damon looked at me and pulled away from the hug all the way.

"I forgot that you could read minds, would you stop that?" Damon said to me.

"Why are you ignoring my question? Tell me what?" I asked again. Damon and Stefan looked at each other and they looked at me.

"There is someone looking for you and -" he was cut off.

"They sent a warning they're coming for you" Stefan said to me.

"I thought you said that I was safe here" I yelled at Damon. "You said that they wouldn't find me if I came here with you." I told him. I walked away from him and started pacing around the living room. What's going to happen? I'm not in the right situation to be fighting and to keep my unborn safe at the same time. I turned around and looked at the men that's around me.

"What are we going to do? Should I go back to forks?" I asked them. Damon shook his head.

"No, I told Jasper that I would protect you and that's what I'm going to do." Damon said to me as he walked to me and held me." Even if I die, I will die for you and our unborn child." he told me, i looked at him and I was shocked. I never thought that he would act this way towards me. thinking about the old Damon I met not too long ago with his personality. To now willing to die for his child and for me.

"I wouldn't let you do that. We have to figure this out, we have to call Jasper "I said as I went to grab my phone, but Damon stopped me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. I snatched my arm away from him.

"I'M TRYING TO PROTECT CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?" Damon yelled at me. I stare at him frozen in place.

"Why?" I asked him softly. He kept quiet and looked down.

"Why do you want to protect me so much, Damon?" I clarify, as he looked up at me, his eyes looking into mine.

"Because I love you that's why" he told me.

??? Pov

You caused me so much pain. Now it's time for you to feel what I felt when you killed my mate.