Date time (Husk x Angel)

(Angel's POV)

As I trudged back to the Hotel after a grueling shift at the studio, my mind swirled with exhaustion and a craving for something stronger than just a pick-me-up. I pushed open the doors to the bar, and there he was, Husk, perched behind the counter like always. Without a word, he slid my favorite drink across the counter, a knowing glint in his eyes. I flashed him a weary smirk, grateful for the silent understanding between us. "Long day, huh?" Husk finally spoke, his gruff voice cutting through the air like a blunt knife. I slumped onto a stool, letting out a tired sigh. "Ya have no idea. Dealing with those sleaze bags is enough to make anyone want to claw their eyes out". Husk's scowl tightened, a flicker of sympathy crossing his face before he masked it with his usual aloof demeanor. "Sounds rough, even for you". "Yeah, well, it pays the bills" I muttered, taking a long sip of my drink. "But damn, if it doesn't drain the life outta ya". 

He nodded in understanding, but there was something else lingering behind those whiskey-coloured eyes of his. I could tell he wanted to say something, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water, but the words remained elusive. I arched an eyebrow, studying him curiously. "Something on ya mind, whiskers?". Husk's fur bristled at the nickname, but he shook his head, a shadow passing over his features. "Nah, forget it. Just... take it easy, alright?". I smirked, raising my glass in a mock salute. "Wouldn't dream of doing anything else, old man". And as the night wore on, with the clinking of glasses and the murmur of conversation filling the air, I found solace in the familiar company of the grumpy bartender who always knew just what I needed, even when I couldn't find the words to ask for it.

As I watch him mess around with bottles of booze in front of him, I couldn't resist a playful grin. "Ya know, Husky, seeing your grumpy face is the best part of coming back here". He rolled his eyes, but I could see a hint of amusement lurking in their depths. "Save it, Angel. You're not getting any extra drinks just because you're laying on the charm". I chuckled, swirling the liquid in my glass. "Who said anything about drinks? Maybe I just missed your delightful company". He snorted, taking a swig from the bottle in his hand. "Yeah, right. More like you missed having someone to torment".

I leaned closer, lowering my voice to a sultry whisper. "Oh, come on, kitty, you know ya secretly love it when I torment you". His fur bristled, a scowl tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Don't call me that". I laughed, undeterred by his grumpiness. "Touchy, touchy. You know, underneath that tough exterior, I can tell ya just a big softie". Husk huffed, wiping down the counter with exaggerated force. "Keep dreaming, Angel. I'm as soft as a brick wall". I winked, leaning back and stretching languidly. "Well, lucky for you, I've always had a thing for strong, silent types". He shot me a sidelong glance, a flicker of something unreadable passing through his eyes before he turned away, muttering something about needing to restock the bar. But as I watched him move about the room, there was a warmth stirring in my chest.

As I lounged at the bar, nursing my drink, Husk approached me with an uncharacteristically sheepish expression on his face. I arched an eyebrow, caught off guard by the unusual sight. "Hey, uh, Angel" he muttered, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Would you, um, maybe want to go out sometime? Like, on a date or something?". I blinked, disbelief washing over me. Did he just... ask me out? I leaned forward, eyes wide with shock. "Wait, what?". Husk's scowled, clearly uncomfortable with my reaction. "Forget it" he grumbled, turning to walk away. But before he could take another step, I reached out, grabbing his arm gently. "No, wait. Did you just... ask me out?". He sighed, shooting me a disgruntled look. "Yeah, I did. But if you're not interested, just forget I said anything".

My heart raced with a mix of surprise and excitement. "Are you kidding? Of course, I'm interested!". Husk's eyes widened in disbelief, his grumpy facade momentarily slipping. "You... you are?". I nodded eagerly, a grin spreading across my face. "Absolutely! I'd love to go on a date with you, Husk". He huffed, trying to mask his flustered demeanor with his usual gruffness. "Well, don't get too excited, legs. It's just a date". But I could see the faintest hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, and in that moment, I knew that maybe, just maybe, there was more to our relationship than just playful banter and snarky remarks. And as we made plans for our unexpected rendezvous, I couldn't help but feel a flutter of anticipation in my chest, eager to see where this newfound connection might lead us.