𝟘𝟘𝟙

𖨆𐬺𞠬𐬺𖨆

𖨆𐬺𞠬𐬺𖨆

Let's start from the beginning.

The beginning of this fucking nightmare.

Winnie—my best friend—had decided to take us both of a long vacation for our winter break. Collage had put us both in stressful situations that had left us—well, stressed. When we finished finals we had finally taken the time to take a breather. Winnie thought it would be a good idea to go to the mountains for a hiking trip.

In collage we were roommates. Winnie was studying for her degree in law, while I was studying to get my degree in psychology.

Ever since I was a child I was considered the quiet kid, the weirdo, the one obsessed with looking around and watching everyone like a creep. Winnie being a law student makes so much sense once you get her. She's stubborn, smart, and confident. The perfect lawyer.

What brought us even closer was that, we both lost someone in our life. I lost my parents years ago when we were on a plane, it came crashing down in a forest somewhere, it took them a week to find me...

The only thing there was to watch when I was stuck under the crash, was my parents still eyes looking at me. Their lifeless eyes watching me for a week as I was stuck under ruble...

Winnie lost her mother a few months ago, she was never close to her but the woman was still her mother and whenever she went out on a hunting trip with her sister—Winnie would worry endlessly. She had told her mother to call her whenever... their last phone call was a casual conversation of how things had been going on with Winnie in college, after that there was nothing. Winnie was supposed to see her mother when she got back from the trip and stay with her during spring break...but Winnie never got the chance.

Her mother's disappearance was hard to overcome—everyone thought she had gotten herself killed on the hunting trip but Winnie somehow still had hope that they'll find her, alive.

She was right somehow...

"Oh come on! There's no way you don't find Finn Walker hot—even his sisters hot." I shrugged with a sideways smile, a silence washes over us which makes me burst out giggling with Winnie. "They just aren't my type?" I shrug again, she playfully hits me in the shoulder and I grab it, pretending to be injured. "What's your type? A fucking ogre?" I continue laughing as I turn back towards the front.

My smile drops and I quickly yell for Winnie to stop, "STOP!" I'm harshly thrown forward when Winnie abruptly stops, wincing as I slowly pick my head up and take off my seatbelt, massaging my chest from the pain of the seatbelt.