15: Said and Done

Isabella

"It's time to go inside," Gio tells me after kissing the back of my neck. I know he's right, but I still put up a fight.

Guiding me inside, I see Dad in the living room with the TV on. He's drinking with his computer in his lap and his feet propped up. "Dad!" I exclaim. He smiles and sets everything down to extend his arms out to me.

I hug him. He kisses my cheek and hugs me. "It's good to see you, mi vida," he chuckles. "You're up late."

"I was anxious about you guys coming home, so Gio stayed up with me," I suggest. He nods and glances over to Gio.

"Go to bed, amor." He kisses my cheek one more time before I untangle from him and start for the stairs. I glance at Gio. He stares at me even when Dad's talking to him. Eventually, he speaks in a deeper, quieter tone so that I can't hear them.

"I'll take my leave then," Gio says. I rush upstairs and glance out the window, watching as he speeds off in his car. I can't tell why I feel so hurt as he drives off. He's not leaving forever, but nights haunt me the most, so what am I to do when my savior isn't here?

Four days later

Wednesday Evening

Sitting on the couch on 'bedrest' is not how I've wanted to spend these past weeks.

Javier lays his head on my lap while he finishes up work for Dad. I watch TV.

Carlo's been ignoring me for the most part. He says that it's too big of a secret to keep for him, but I haven't been able to tell Dad about my pregnancy.

Dad comes through the room with the warmest smile towards me. "Go get dressed, Mija. Let me take you out somewhere special."

"Can I go?" Asks Javier.

"Are you my daughter?" He asks.

"Fuck," he groans and gets off my lap.

"What should I wear?" I ask. He considers it while heading to the kitchen.

"Well, I'm taking you to my restaurant. Something nice," he hums.

"Wow, so helpful," I mumble.

I change into a black bodycon dress with a jacket overtop. I guess it's now or never that I tell him I'm pregnant.

Dad drives twenty minutes to the city to get to his restaurant. There is a lounge outside where people wait near the fire to get seated. He gives the valet his keys and guides me to the door while two bodyguards tail us.

"I'm sorry sir, you're going to need to wait your turn—" she pauses. "Mr. Vargas, I didn't realize it was you. I'll get you checked in. Please pick a table," she says and smiles sweetly.

"Thank you, darling," he says to the young woman. He guides me inside the restaurant. It's a beautiful Spanish-themed restaurant with expensive pieces of art.

I choose a table next to a wall. Dad scoots out the seat for me before sitting down himself.

They hand me a menu. He doesn't need a menu. "Something to drink, sir?" Asks the waiter.