Gilly runs into a person

The title says all you need to know

Gilly's P.O.V.

I walk down the hallway to my dorm. We have a free period and I desperately need to sleep. I couldn't sleep last night because I forgot to study for our test, so I went down to the library and spent the night there with my books studying. Or, as I like to call it, torture. I run out of the hallway just as it's about to switch, but I can't slow down. I see someone in front of me but don't have enough time to look at them closely before I close my eyes and brace for impact. Suddenly I feel a thump, and 2 arms wrap around me.

"Woah, thief, are you okay?" Jax asks me. His arms are still around me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I start to pull away, when suddenly, my body goes still, and my vision goes dark.

Jax's P.O.V.

As I'm walking back to my dorm, I see Gilly flying towards me. I catch her and ask if she's ok, to which she responds that she is fine. I start to pull my arms away, when suddenly Gilly goes limp.

"Thief!" I exclaim, and I realize that she passed out. I start to internally panic. What is happening? I put one of her arms around me and drag her to the infirmary.

"Oh! Hello Jax, what seems to be the prob-" she turns toward Gilly, "oh, I see. Come this way." She starts speed walking to another room, and I follow after her.

"Lay her down on this bed," She instructs. I do as I'm told, and that's when I see the little cut on Gilly's right wrist. She lets out a breath.

"It's Corhemian poisoning," she tells me.

"POISONING?" I practically screech.

"Don' worry, it's not as bad as it sounds," the nurse assures me, "it makes the person pass out for a few hours. But, it looks like she still has some consciousness, so she can probably hear us. She'll be fine." I start to calm down. I thank her and bring Gilly to her dorm. I lay her down on her bed, and pull the blanket over her.

"Sweet dreams, sticky fingers," I whisper. I walk out of her room, and I'm immediately hit by a thought. Who did that to Gilly? I would have to ask her what she was doing before she passed out after she woke up. I go to my room to study, but after an hour I get bored so I head down to the library and find Ollie. He looks up from the book he's reading.

"Hey Jax," he greets me as I walk over, "what are you doing here?" I shrug.

"Just came here to do some thinking," I tell him. He nods and returns to his book.

"What book are you reading?" I ask him, out of curiosity. I don't often see Ollie reading books. He's usually buying pattycakes- and stealing them. He looks up again. He looks behind me for a second, and his eyes twinkle. I wonder about that, but I don't look back.

"It's called The Pirate Life by Ronald Jackson. It's about a boy who lives on a pirate ship, and his dad is the captain, but he has to keep it secret, because he's undercover," Ollie explains.

"Sounds like someone I know," I hear a voice behind me say.

Gilly's P.O.V.

The world around me is dark, but I can hear muffled voices.

"...Corhemian poisoning... still has some consciousness... sweet dreams sticky fingers..." I understand that last voice is Jax. Sticky fingers is one of his nicknames for me, along with Thief. I drift off to sleep a while later, and when I wake up, I feel great. I head down to the library to see if Jax is there, and I find Ollie explaining his book to Jax. The funny thing is, it sounds almost exactly like Jax's life, except the main character is a pirate instead of a prince.