Chapter 6

Quick author's note before we start this cool chapter. I have lost my reference (aka the movie) and will now rely on YouTube to provide me with the scenes so if not every line is correct I'm very sorry. Because of all this mess chapters will come out a little slower than usual. Also because I can't find motivation to do anything, please help :(.

___

The Duke, his son and Gurney were all clothed in stillsuits. They were meeting the Judge of the Change, Dr. Liet Kynes. After Liet welcomed them to Arrakis, Paul thanked her (Ik it's a man in the books but I'm sticking to the movie) for the stillsuits.

"With your permission Sire, I must check the integrity of yours." Kynes barely had time to finish her sentence before three knives were at her throat. 

"It's all right," the Duke dismissed. When Gurney hesitated he repeated his words. "Dr. Kynes, we're in your hands," the duke said smiling welcomingly.

Kynes went on to check the suits, explaining that the suit cooled their body, recycled their water lost to sweat and that they wouldn't survive two hours without them, even in the morning.    they drank their recycled water from a tube inside the mask. In good working order your suit won't lose more than a thimble full of water a day.

"Let's take a look at you, lad," Kynes said after Leto praised the stillsuits. Kynes was surprised though. "You've worn a stillsuit before?" Kynes asked Paul.

"No this is my first time," he replied shaking his head. What has she noticed?

She must have read his thoughts because she pointed out, "Your desert boots are fitted slip fashion at the ankles. Who taught you to do that?"

Paul looked at his boots responding, "It seemed the right way."

"Let's look at you know, lad." Zane hadn't spoken yet. Instead, he observed Kynes and knew he was keeping a secret. Could he be the traitor?

"Did your brother help you put on the suit?"

"He only helped tighten around the shoulders, nothing else."

"You also wear your boots slip fashion." Zane had forgotten he had put them on in slip fashion and looked down.

To Paul's surprise, Kynes muttered a phrase in Fremen that he translated to 'He shall know your ways as though born to them'

"Are you Fremen?" Paul and Zane asked simultaneously meaning to catch her off guard. Kynes stared at Paul and Zane shocked he recognised the language.

"I am accepted both in sietch and village," she countered. "Now come and see the spice sands on which your livelihood depends."

She's quick to change the subject, Paul and Zane thought, she's definitely hiding something.

****

"You can see the spice scattered over the surface. Rich spice bed, by the colour," Kynes observed. "If you get a little higher you'll have a better view."

There was little conversation on the way to the harvester. There was mention of worm territory and the likelihood that there would be one. Zane had a terrible feeling about this trip.

______

I'm back from the dead. Sorry for the long wait, I've been focusing on finishing my school year. I still have until next Wednesday but my "arrêt des notes" which means the end of grades in French has arrived so I'm not constantly stressed.

I am also going to start a new book. It's going to be a fanfiction of the YouTube channel I'm sure some of you know Shiloh and Bros. It's probably a bad idea to have three books on the go but I'm the type of person that gets an idea and can't wait to make it happen. 

If you can't wait for me to upload my Shiloh and Bros fanfic and want it now go check out the only other fanfic I could find on Shiloh and Bros: The Undiscovered Raelo A Shiloh and Bros Fanfiction by @Its_DavyJones.

If you do know Shiloh and Bros I would like to know who your favourite person is. Mine is Elijah.

Thank you and enjoy!

Art3mis <3